🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How to get rising talent badge?
Page options
leoventosa
Community Member

How to get rising talent badge?

Hello, I have completed couple of jobs and the client was very satisfied with my work. I had some research that as long as I don't have a Job success score, I could earn a rising talent badge. How would I be able to participate to acquire the rising talent badge? Thank you!

30 REPLIES 30
robin_hyman
Community Member

Have you done all of the following?

1.  Pass the Upwork Readiness Test

2.  Complete your projects on time and as promised

3.  Maintain a 100% complete profile that accurately showcases your skills

4.  Keep your availability status up-to-date

5.  Regularly submit proposals to projects that match your skill set

6.  Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service

7.  Have been active in the past 90 days or joined in the past 30 days

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Become-a-Rising-Talent?flash_digest=9c882a6aa...

I am done with all those things. How can I claim my Rising Talent Badge?

Hi Ahsan,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed, and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you will receive a notification. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
sihs
Community Member

is their any way one can know why he/she has not received rising talent badeg? so one can improve skills he lacks?

petra_r
Community Member

Syed Imran Hussain S wrote:

is their any way one can know why he/she has not received rising talent badeg? so one can improve skills he lacks?

No

b9b188a0
Community Member

Hi Joanne Mariem,

I had started freelancing on Upwork around the 2+ month ago and I have done 3 successful job with good review plus I'm working on ongoing Upwork job. I also passed Upwork Redline Test . I'm also regular appling proposal on job but still not got Rising Talent or Job Success Score badge. What is the possible reason behaind it ? Can you please suggest me ?

I've done all from below requirements

1.  Pass the Upwork Readiness Test

Best,
Anjali K

Hi Anjali,

I would be happy to help. Please know that the Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile.

Once all the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

I would also like to let you know that not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a Job Success Score varies. In order to get a Job Success Score, you need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients
  • 4 (or more) different contracts within 24 months

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects. Feel free to check this help article for more information. 

Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
59cda0d3
Community Member

alrady done but not get any badge

538b6636
Community Member

I am done with all those things.

How can I claim my Rising Talent Badge?

Hi Rahul, 

As Joanne said, it will be automatically assigned to your profile if you meet all the requirements and it cannot be requested. 

~ AJ
Upwork

You will get a mail from Upwork and then you can get a rising talent badge

i got the mail and given the test and passed too , but instead of appearing it on my profile it is appearing on my agency profile ? any reason

Hi Dilip,

Please know that Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile. Once the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

~ Nikola
Upwork

You will get a mail from Upwork and then you can get a rising talent badge automatically!https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Rising-Talent 

Hi Ahsan, 

If this is the case then you can only wait for Upwork as they clearly say "The Rising Talent badge is available by invitation only." Just keep working on.

Regards, 
Zameer

Hi Robin, I've fulfilled all the requirements listed here but I got a JSS first, without getting a notification from Upwork about my Rising Talent Badge. According to Upwork, the badge comes first before the Job Success Score. Will I still get my badge, because it is limiting me to apply to certain jobs which have Rising Talent as the requirement. An example is the picture attached below. Also, I wrote the Upwork Readiness Test when I newly joined Upwork and passed it all, do I still have to write it again, thanks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Julius,

The Rising Talent program is designed for freelancers who don’t have their Job Success Score yet. Since you have received your Job Success Score, you can start working toward receiving the Top Rated badge.

Happy working!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, You mentioned that completed it on time. I have completed one job recently, but the timeline was 1 day but the client was away so I delivered it later when he came back, is It effect my account and I'll not get the rising talent badge because of this??

Hi Hamza,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't or may not be eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I am done with all those things How can I claim my Rising Talent Badge?

b9b188a0
Community Member

Hello Upwork,

Many clients asking me for email to do interview meeting when they sending invitation for job interview. So, freelancer can share email with client before contract or not ?

Best,
Anjali K

petra_r
Community Member

Anjali K wrote: So, freelancer can share email with client before contract or not ?

No, You are not allowed to communicate with any clients outside the platform at all in any way before a contract is in place.

b9b188a0
Community Member

Hello Petra,

I'm always following the rules. I just want confirm because many client told me to share email before contract but I never send my email before contract.

Thank you for valuable reply.

aa10b473
Community Member

Hi sir

Rising talent  test is passed, don't know when it will be available.Please help me to show on my perfile.

Thanks

Hi Kiswar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that the Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile.

Once all the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ecd868e9
Community Member

Upwork readiness test is still available, Can I still take the test?

Hi Md Saidur Rahman,

Please note that the option to take the Upwork Readiness Test has been removed. Also as a requirement for Rising Talent, the rest of the requirements stay the same and can be found in this help article.

You can check this most recent update for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ecd868e9
Community Member

Thanks for your helpful reply,
I did read the updated information and blog post. I have a question, I created an Upwork account last six months but I have not worked. Now I am interested to work If running to work an Upwork account and continuously submitting proposals I have any chance to get a rising talent badge?

henrykemar30
Community Member

You will be fine, 4 jobs are required 

0fb946c6
Community Member

Hey Vic, A simple answer is you can't as Upwork clearly says "The Rising Talent badge is available by invitation only." Just keep working on if you've done all these,

1. Pass the Upwork Readiness Test

Regards, 
Zameer

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths