cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to give feedback after freelancer closed contract?

trumanb
Ace Contributor
Miloš B Member Since: Nov 17, 2015
1 of 7

I am that freelancer who closed contract thinking that client won't show up. So I gave feedback and closed it.

Unexpectedly, today client sent a message that he would like to give me fb, but doesn't know how. Over a month passed since I closed the contract.

Can you please advise on this?

attique_1331
Community Leader
Attiq A Member Since: Oct 29, 2016
2 of 7

There are 2 ways to solve this problem.

Ask the client to go to the "Contracts" tab and look for the contract that he signed with you. If there isn't any option for giving the feedback then it means that the feedback period has expired.

Now you can enable him to give feedback again by going to "My Jobs" > "Contracts" > and then click on that specific contract that you had with that client. And then click on "enable client to change feedback".

It's that simple.

Thanks.

This widget could not be displayed.
3 of 7
This widget could not be displayed.

@Attiq A wrote:

There are 2 ways to solve this problem.

Ask the client to go to the "Contracts" tab and look for the contract that he signed with you. If there isn't any option for giving the feedback then it means that the feedback period has expired.

Now you can enable him to give feedback again by going to "My Jobs" > "Contracts" > and then click on that specific contract that you had with that client. And then click on "enable client to change feedback".

It's that simple.

Thanks.

If you suspect that the client will post negative feedback on your profile you should not enable him to leave feedback.

trumanb
Ace Contributor
4 of 7

Thank you Attiq! This was very instructive.

Margareta, I hope that he won't give me negative fb. I gave him very positive. 😄

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 7

Hi Miloš,

Please follow the steps for enabling your client to leave feedback Attiq shared in order to provide your client an opportunity to rate your recent collaboration and performance. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Untitled
trumanb
Ace Contributor
6 of 7

Hi Vladimiri,

A client sent me a message that it seems that he already gave me a feedback...but I don't see that on my profile. It happened like 20h ago...

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 7

Hi Miloš,

I checked and it doesn't look like the client gave feedback to you yet. Please, ask them to go to their Jobs> Contracts page click on your name and then click on the big green "Give Feedback" button:

Screenshot_18.png

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS