🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to got the first job?
Page options
5b7631a2
Community Member

How to got the first job?

Am new to the platform. Please how can I create connections and win jobs? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Xi, 

Welcome to Upwork!

We want to help you get started in your freelancing career here on Upwork. I took a look at your profile and would like to share some helpful tips for you to improve your profile and write your proposals:

You can also find essential resources hereAdditionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

~ Joanne
Upwork
elisa_b
Community Member

Your bio consists of only a row and a half of text. Too short. Plus, "traslation" is misspelled and that's not a great start. If you are serious about getting work here, your profile needs a massive improvement in terms of what service you offer, what are your main skills, etc. Your proposals must be carefully crafted and written, too.

But this leads me to a second consideration. In your profile you wrote that your English level is "conversational", yet you want to work as an English to Chinese translator. There is a great contradiction in this (which cannot be solved just by selecting a higher level of knowledge of English). Please be aware that the competition on Upwork is fierce, and that a bad review could be detrimental to your future here.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members