🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to handle an unpaid, unworked paused cont...
Page options
masnilknarf
Community Member

How to handle an unpaid, unworked paused contract that's affecting my JSS

I took on a hourly contract in December from a client. After discussing the nature of the job, they said there was still some preliminary work to be done on their end before the job takes place, so they paused the contract. It's been four months now, and I have not been getting any updates or responses, I've also realized that my JSS has been negatively impacted. I haven't worked a minute, and have so far not been paid.

If I'm able to reverse the impact this dead job has had on my JSS, what's the best way to do it? Should I close the contract myself, or wait for the client to? I don't know if the JSS system would distinguish those two things and be affected differently. 

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Samuel F wrote:

I've also realized that my JSS has been negatively impacted. I haven't worked a minute, and have so far not been paid.

It's very unlikely that this contract is responsible for your dropped JSS, but just close it. Contracts that close without payment do not hurt the JSS. It does not matter who closes the contract either. The client is obviously long gone.

Thank you! Do you know what else would impact JSS? I have 8 five star contracts, one unrated contract that was recently closed (client could still give feedback soon), and one unrated contract (my first that I haven't been able to contact the client about) from last April, one current job with ongoing work and payments, and my JSS is at 92%. Not that 92% is a score I'm unhappy with, just curious about what is influencing it Cat Happy 

Samuel F wrote:

Thank you! Do you know what else would impact JSS?  

Not entirely enthusiastic private feedback on one or more of your closed contracts. The stars are largely irrelevant.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members