🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to handle contracts considering Upwork po...
Page options
kadutskyi-mykola
Community Member

How to handle contracts considering Upwork policy that prevents sharing contacts

Hi
I use PandaDoc to sign contracts but with new Upwork Policy regarding sharing contacts it looks like sendign a link to a contract for a signature may violate that policy because in contract I include my contacts (at least physical address). Also, it looks like I can't ask a client his email address so that I can send contract specifically to him so that I can verify that a person who signed a contract is actually my client.

How do I ask my client to e-sign a contract without Upwork policy violation?

1 REPLY 1
pandoraharper
Community Member

Mykola K wrote:

Hi
I use PandaDoc to sign contracts but with new Upwork Policy regarding sharing contacts it looks like sendign a link to a contract for a signature may violate that policy because in contract I include my contacts (at least physical address). Also, it looks like I can't ask a client his email address so that I can send contract specifically to him so that I can verify that a person who signed a contract is actually my client.

How do I ask my client to e-sign a contract without Upwork policy violation?

While your specific question has not been addressed in particular, the Mods have said you can sign NDA's, and cover yourself from any flags by stating to the customer that prior to being hired, all communication must be inside the Upwork Message center. In other words, they need to be told that they can't contact you via the email either of you are exchanging. Also, it's apparent from all the Mod comments, that simply stating the obvious, inside the Message Center, will go a long way to proving you know about the TOS.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members