🐈 Community
mikehende

How to include my website offering freelancing services?

Hello guys, I just finished creating a freelancing account so I am set up to both post jobs and also offer my services. I am not seeing where I can place a link to my website in my freelancer services account profile, help please?

11 REPLIES 11

I had a similar question when I started. I think the answer is that as not to encourage offline interactions with clients, Upwork prefers that you keep references to your work on Upwork's site. So, upload pieces from your personal portfolio, etc. to your Upwork portfolio section on your profile.

Thank you very much for the help. The purpose of wanting to place  a link to my site is for potential clients to see much more detailed info of my services and see real references and their contact info. Thing is, I don't see that Upworks has a setup for me to include screenshots of some of my references? 

Kat is correct. It is against TOS to have a link to your personal website in your profile.

It's best to provide succinct info in your overview as to what you offer. For the most part, clients here do not ask for  references ... I've never been asked. Provide enough important info and portfolio pieces in your profile and you'll be good to go.

Upwork prohibits posting links on your profile that direct clients to another site where they can contact you directly outside of Upwork.

On the flip side, during the interview process, you can communicate those links to the client. 

I get it guys [thanks]. I think I am seeing a way to add only screenshots [not links] from my site, I will try that now.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Winston,

As others have already pointed out, links to websites with freelancer contact information aren't allowed on their profiles. You can add samples of your work to your portfolio to showcase your skills and experience or send a link to your external portfolio in your proposals. If you decide to do the latter, make sure to keep all payments between you and that client on Upwork.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I fully understand the issue of doing work outside of a platform, I do things on the honest side so will always keep things here so the Upworks admin can get their fees.

I want to check with their support first to make sure it will be ok for me to post only screenshots of my reviews but not seeing a direct email or phone number for their support?

As some of us have done, you can include direct quotes from clients in your overview.

@Winston H wrote:

I fully understand the issue of doing work outside of a platform, I do things on the honest side so will always keep things here so the Upworks admin can get their fees.

I want to check with their support first to make sure it will be ok for me to post only screenshots of my reviews but not seeing a direct email or phone number for their support?

Thanks, I had wanted to keep the overview short and concise so will consider it if Upworks does not agree with the screenshots in the portfolio. I am still confused why there isn't any direct contact info for their support?

Hi Winston,

You can include screenshots in your portfolio. You should be able to add images in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, or .png format.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks, I have done so!