🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to indetify a crook on upwork
Page options
kouassi_abidjan
Community Member

How to indetify a crook on upwork

Bonjour,

How to identify a crook on upwork?

I will not name **Edited for Community Guidelines** but I have been able to catch 2 this week who posted some fake job advert?

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Mermoz K wrote:

Bonjour,

How to identify a crook on upwork?

I will not name **Edited for Community Guidelines** but I have been able to catch 2 this week who posted some fake job advert?

The best way: when they try to take conversation outside of upwork before hire, and you refuse because you are aware of ToS, they either become angry or go silent. 

NikolaS

Hi Mermoz,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You may want to check this post for the freelancer resources and tips for avoiding questionable jobs that we put together to help freelancers make decisions whether to work with a client or not.

Feel free to also check this help article to help you stay safe on Upwork. If you see a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service, we encourage you to report it. You can learn more about user reporting here.

~ Nikola
Upwork
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Flag the post as a suspicious inappropriate scam post. UW will investigate and them remove it it they determine it is a scam. But I've seen the same posts reappear over and over and over again every day even after they are taken down. But yes, read and always follow the ToS.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members