🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to invite freelancers to the agency?
Page options
skrypnyk-volod
Community Member

How to invite freelancers to the agency?

Hello,

How to invite freelancers to the agency? If I don't know their Email Addresses or usernames.

Also I can't understand how to get their User ID for this invitation. Will this solve my problem?

Thank you an advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Volodymyr,

You need to connect with freelancers outside the platform and once they agree to join your agency and provide their email address (not username), you can use it to invite them to join your agency on Upwork. You can find more information and instructions here.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Volodymyr,

You need to connect with freelancers outside the platform and once they agree to join your agency and provide their email address (not username), you can use it to invite them to join your agency on Upwork. You can find more information and instructions here.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thank you!

What do you mean by 'outside the platform'? Please specify. Can I invite any existing freelancer at upwork to join my team if I like his/her profile. How to contact with them or send them message. If I click on contact button then it goes to my homepage. Really confusing system!

Syed, you can invite any existing freelancer at upwork but you have invite them using their email addresses, that you won't get on the platform. And freelancers can't contact each other on platform, so you have to contact them outside the platform, get their email addresses and invite them.

Hi Yeasir,

Do I can invite the freelancer who not registered yet or have a not verified account on Upwork? 

Hi. Same question with Vitaliy. Can we invite team members who are yet to create their upwork account/ or those whose profiles were not yet accepted by upwork?

Hi Carlyn Ann,

You should be able to invite someone to join your agency by following the steps below: 

1. Go to your Accounts menu (∨) > Settings > Members & Permissions.
  2. Select Invite a New User and fill in the form, including choosing roles and permissions.
  3. Select Invite User. The person will receive a notification to join your team and can accept or decline your invitation.
~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Syed,

As an agency owner, you can add members to your team and manage bidding, interviews and payment processes, while your agency contractors focus on completing the work for the clients. 

Please check this help article for more information on how to add team members to your agency.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
1f2360bb
Community Member

I opened up an agency , but how do I get the email addresses of the freelancer whom I want to invite to the agency. Can I request for the email address through the chat option from my personal profile....Is this agianst the terms and conditions of Upwork policy kindly advice. 

petra_r
Community Member

Krishnaprasath K wrote:

I opened up an agency , but how do I get the email addresses of the freelancer whom I want to invite to the agency. 

As you are supposed to know them you can just ask them? The idea isn't to just hit up random strangers you see on Upwork, the idea is to add your real life team members.

Krishnaprasath K wrote:

Can I request for the email address through the chat option from my personal profile.... Is this agianst the terms and conditions of Upwork policy kindly advice. 

It isn't possible.

can I hire freelancers on Upwork and add them to the agency or is this not legal?

Hi Sara,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please clarify if you want to add a freelancer to your agency? If so you need to create an agency profile on Upwork and follow the steps shared in this help article to add freelancer to your agency. 

Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi,

Can I add a freelancer in my Upwork Agency without an Upwork profile yet?

Hi Anna,

All agency members must have an Upwork profile before you invite them to join your agency. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

I tried to add members to my Agency, but it is not available on my page. It says that I should upgrade to the Plus membership.

Can you help me with this, please?

Thanks 

Hi Mahmoud,

That is correct. You must upgrade to an Agency Plus membership to add team members to your agency. Please don't hesitate to check this help article to learn more about the benefits and procedures when upgrading your agency.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Thanks for the clarification, Arjay

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths