🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How to join Agency
Page options
nabila_pervaiz
Community Member

How to join Agency

Hello everyone,
I would like to ask about the joining criteria for the agency. I've seen that many freelancers on Upwork are linked with agencies and I also want to join them as a medical content writer. Is there any option where I send them a request of joining their team?

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Nabila Pervaiz B wrote:

I would like to ask about the joining criteria for the agency. I've seen that many freelancers on Upwork are linked with agencies and I also want to join them as a medical content writer. ks!

Why? So you can work for less money?

Nabila Pervaiz B wrote:

Is there any option where I send them a request of joining their team?

No, you have to be invited by an agency. It's really for people who have a working relationship outside of Upwork. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
petra_r
Community Member

Nabila Pervaiz B wrote:

I would like to ask about the joining criteria for the agency. I've seen that many freelancers on Upwork are linked with agencies and I also want to join them as a medical content writer. ks!

Why? So you can work for less money?

Nabila Pervaiz B wrote:

Is there any option where I send them a request of joining their team?

No, you have to be invited by an agency. It's really for people who have a working relationship outside of Upwork. 

Thanks. But why do you think that agency pays less?

I heard that they provide you consistent work, because these days I'm not getting any work so I thought joining the agency will help me to upgrade my profile. 

Nabila Pervaiz B wrote:

Thanks. But why do you think that agency pays less?

The client pays the agency, the agency pays you part of it. Did you think they did what they do for free? Being in an agency does not mean you get hired more, and many clients don't want to work with freelancers who are associated with an agency.

You'd be better off concentrating on your individual profile and investing in connects rather than handing over a chunk of what's left after Upwork fees to some agency.

Also, because agencies pay you your part outside of Upwork, you don't know when or even if you are paid, that is between you and the agency, and if you don't get paid at all there is nothing anyone can do.

Thank you so much 🙂
You're the best at clarifying the issues of new freelancers.

Thank you, Petra. It's really helpful.

6fb38cb3
Community Member

Thank you, i got the answer. 🙂

I am joining the conversation late, but I have to say that the best work opportunities I have got so far as a freelancer have been with agencies. Yes, they keep some of the money they charge to the client, but at the end of the day, it is the same as paying UpWork fees. Clients often expect to pay very little to LATAM freelancers as myself. But global agencies have the same fees for all of their freelancers and most of them have constant work. You can forget to be every day sending proposes, buying connects and being ignored.

I also want to join some agency 

Hi Hina,

Thank you for reaching out and we admire your interest in joining an agency. However, the only way to join an agency is to be invited by an agency administrator. Your relationship with them, including how you get paid, is managed privately outside of Upwork. You can learn more about agencies by visiting this help article for you to decide if it's a good fit for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
85a46f5c
Community Member

How would we reach out to agency administrators? 

9c7b97fd
Community Member

Hello! I would like to join any agencies recuriting web developers 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths