Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to join Agency

nabila_pervaiz
Nabila Pervaiz B Member Since: Mar 23, 2021
1 of 5

Hello everyone,
I would like to ask about the joining criteria for the agency. I've seen that many freelancers on Upwork are linked with agencies and I also want to join them as a medical content writer. Is there any option where I send them a request of joining their team?

Thanks!

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 5

Nabila Pervaiz B wrote:

I would like to ask about the joining criteria for the agency. I've seen that many freelancers on Upwork are linked with agencies and I also want to join them as a medical content writer. ks!

Why? So you can work for less money?

Nabila Pervaiz B wrote:

Is there any option where I send them a request of joining their team?

No, you have to be invited by an agency. It's really for people who have a working relationship outside of Upwork. 

View solution in original post

nabila_pervaiz
3 of 5

Thanks. But why do you think that agency pays less?

I heard that they provide you consistent work, because these days I'm not getting any work so I thought joining the agency will help me to upgrade my profile. 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 5

Nabila Pervaiz B wrote:

Thanks. But why do you think that agency pays less?

The client pays the agency, the agency pays you part of it. Did you think they did what they do for free? Being in an agency does not mean you get hired more, and many clients don't want to work with freelancers who are associated with an agency.

You'd be better off concentrating on your individual profile and investing in connects rather than handing over a chunk of what's left after Upwork fees to some agency.

Also, because agencies pay you your part outside of Upwork, you don't know when or even if you are paid, that is between you and the agency, and if you don't get paid at all there is nothing anyone can do.

nabila_pervaiz
5 of 5

Thank you so much Smiley Happy
You're the best at clarifying the issues of new freelancers.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS