cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know if a client has read your proposal or not?

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
11 of 12

Tara G wrote:

It helps freelancers get a sense of the clients timeline/sense of urgency (or lack thereof). 

It also helps freelancers see if there are any patterns to the proposals they submit that tend to be viewed.  That data could help freelancers fine tune their proposals. 

I would argue for even more data such as- were any of the proposals submitted viewed.  This can help freelancers weed out less serious clients. 

I understand what you are saying but I personally believe it is too little information.  That they looked at it does not tell you if they liked it or what they thought of it. 

As I said before I don't want any more feedback from some random person on the Internet telling me why my proposal is no good.  That opinion really does not do anyone any good.

I believe the best system for UW is fire and forget.  You need to use connects liberally when you see projects that you know you will delight on.  Then you propose and walk away, that is how you find a serious client, they come back.

Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
12 of 12

I've wasted too much time in the past worrying over such details. I used to go back through proposals to see the last time the job was viewed by the client. Doing so made no difference to my prospects whatsoever. If anything, I think it was more of a hindrance because I'd waste too much time and focus that I could have been spending on doing something else. If the information being requested was available then I think a lot of us would likely go looking for patterns that just don't exist.

I agree with Mark. Do the best job you can on creating a proposal and then fire and forget. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS