Did you mean: 

How to know if job is still open?

jessicasimko
Community Guru
Jessica S Member Since: Dec 4, 2015
11 of 14

@Gillian Michele N wrote:

Hi guys,

If you can still apply for the role then the client hasn't closed the job and might still be looking for applicants.

Some clients hire more than 1 freelancer for the job.

When the client closes the job, you should see a notification within your email if you've opted for this.

You can still apply, but if it doesn't say they are hiring multiple freelancers and you can see "hires: 1" on the post, then it's far more likely that they hired the person they want and just didn't close the bidding. I never apply to jobs that show someone was already hired and doesn't show they are hiring more than 1 freelancer as it's almost always a waste of my connects. I think that after the client designates how many freelancers they need, and then they hire that amount, the job should automatically close so freelancers who don't notice someone was already hired, don't waste their connects applying for the job. 

_chrisb_
Christopher B Member Since: Sep 17, 2017
12 of 14

I don't see a number of hires listed on the job posting, has this feature been removed or would it show if there were hires?

juvy_ann-palma
Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
13 of 14

@Christopher B wrote:

I don't see a number of hires listed on the job posting, has this feature been removed or would it show if there were hires?

I still can see job posts with hire rates.

bookcoverdesign
Community Leader
Gary Val T Member Since: Mar 28, 2018
14 of 14

"I think that after the client designates how many freelancers they need, and then they hire that amount, the job should automatically close so freelancers who don't notice someone was already hired, don't waste their connects applying for the job. "

Jessica - That makes too much sense. UpWork will never go for it. Or, at the very least, there should be a button for the client to click that says the job is closed. But I guess that makes too much sense, too. UpWork won't go for that one, either. Smiley LOL

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS