Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to know if my application was hidden

Highlighted
Kandi J Member Since: Apr 14, 2015
1 of 11

HI,

I'm new to odesk. I have applied to several jobs that I know I'm well qualified for but have not received any feedack. I read about job applications being hidden. Is there any way for me to find out if my application was hidden? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Md Rahatur R Member Since: Apr 17, 2013
2 of 11

After you apply to a job wait for 5/10 minutes and see if your name is in the applicant list. If its not there then your application was hidden.

Contact the support team.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
3 of 11

With respect I don't believe that's true. The common consensus since the obnoxious and immoral act of hiding applications was introduced is that there is no way that a freelancer can tell whether their applications are being hidden, apart from directly asking a client to look for them. Valeria and Garnor have admitted as much recently, in saying that there are no plans to inform freelancers that their applications have been hidden.

I think the confusion here stems from the scenario where an acount is put on review or suspended - in that case, applications don't even get delivered as far as the robot tht ecides whether or not to bin them (the uber-robot bins them first).

I'm open to correction and clerification on this, but it's my understanding of it.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
4 of 11

Not true, I see hidden candidates on the list.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
5 of 11

Kandi, Hint: work on your profile to improve your chances of winning bids... Take more tests, and retake tests to improve test scores. Graphics, Adobe products? Show us!

Ron aka LanWanMan
Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
6 of 11

The way I understood it on Elance (so it may be the same here), is that a hidden bid can be opened by the client. Elancers were also told that hidden bids applied to newbie buyers rather than established ones. It'snot really possible to tell if this is true or not.  I asked this question somewhere else on this forum - but needless to say, I can't find it! (So I don't know if it was answered or not)Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 11

Hi Nichola,

All oDesk clients regardless of whether they are new or experienced have main and hidden tabs on their candidate's page. They can review applications in their hidden tab at any time.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
8 of 11

Hi Valeria,

Did Odesk provide information to the clients that they can check hidden folder as well may be they find someone more professional there whom they are looking for?

Yesterday I have applied to a job and was 99% sure that i will get the job but  was unlucky so should I imagine that I was in dust bin?

Thanks

Highlighted
Md. Lutfor R Member Since: Feb 21, 2015
9 of 11

Same thing happen to me. I was sure that i will get hired but bad luck.

"Don't think or judge, just listen" - Sarah Dessen
Highlighted
Swastik M Member Since: Apr 23, 2015
10 of 11

Hi,

Is there any way a freelancer can know if his/her application was hidden apart from contacting the client? Also, take a look at my profile and tell me if my applications to writing jobs are likely to be hidden.

Regards

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS