🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to know if the files has been downloaded ...
Page options
manolorosendo
Community Member

How to know if the files has been downloaded by the clients?

I want to know if the client has been downloaded already the files that I sent to him? Is there any notification about that, that the client downloaded the files? I have attached the files to " submit/request $ " since he requested it.

Thanks for your help and more power to Upwork.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Manolo,

There is no notification when the client downloads the attached files. However, I will share your feedback with our product team for consideration.

I checked the contract you are referring to and it looks like you've submitted the project through the milestone-submission/contract page quite recently. To ensure that you are payment protected on Upwork, we always recommend that you only submit work for the fixed-price contract through the contract page by clicking on the "Request for payment" button. By doing so, your client will have 14-days to review the work that you have submitted. If they don't come back within 14-days, the money in escrow will automatically be paid to your account. For more information please check out this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Manolo,

There is no notification when the client downloads the attached files. However, I will share your feedback with our product team for consideration.

I checked the contract you are referring to and it looks like you've submitted the project through the milestone-submission/contract page quite recently. To ensure that you are payment protected on Upwork, we always recommend that you only submit work for the fixed-price contract through the contract page by clicking on the "Request for payment" button. By doing so, your client will have 14-days to review the work that you have submitted. If they don't come back within 14-days, the money in escrow will automatically be paid to your account. For more information please check out this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you for your reply Aleksandar.

I think I have uploaded it in this section " Submit work / Request $ " then this page pop up " Submit work or request payment for a milestone. " and you have a to put some messages and attach the files.

Also when I go to " Overview  " section the  amount is currently in review so I will receive the payment after 14 days?

re: "Also when I go to 'Overview' section the amount is currently in review so I will receive the payment after 14 days?"

The client may see your submission and then release payment to you five minutes from now. Or tomorrow. Or the client may take longer.

Upwork allows the client 14 days to review the submission.

If the client does nothing, then the money in escrow will be released to you automatically. (14 days after you used the Submit Work button.)

lysis10
Community Member

embed a remote image on the document, point it to an image hosted on your server....profit

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths