🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to motivate clients to give feedback?
Page options
kirnazdogan
Community Member

How to motivate clients to give feedback?

I think this is a case that interests all of us. So, I ask experienced freelancers to share their secret recipes here. I can't have any new feedback for a long time, and it becomes frustrating. They say that they love my work and want to work with me again, but don't give any public feedback.

I know, it's a waste of time for most of the clients, but they hire me upon my previous feedback. Long story short, feedback is a kind of fuel to me, and I'm about to run out of fuel.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wlyonsatl
Community Member

When I ask a client to close a project that is complete I explain why it is important that they, not I, close the project. I also let them know I've enjoyed working with them (if it's true) and that I look forward to leaving excellent feedback for them (if it's true).

With clients I haven't enjoyed working for I first ask them to close the project after it's been idle for a month or so and then wait another month or so for them to close the project. If they still haven't closed their idle or completed project after 8 weeks or so, I close it myself. I assume they are notified by Upwork that the project is closed and they are allowed to leave feedback for me. After that much time has passed, most lame or lazy clients just can't be bothered to leave feedback.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

I just encourage clients to end the contract. That way feedback is guaranteed. I NEVER ask a client to leave feedback. Never have, never would,

wlyonsatl
Community Member

When I ask a client to close a project that is complete I explain why it is important that they, not I, close the project. I also let them know I've enjoyed working with them (if it's true) and that I look forward to leaving excellent feedback for them (if it's true).

With clients I haven't enjoyed working for I first ask them to close the project after it's been idle for a month or so and then wait another month or so for them to close the project. If they still haven't closed their idle or completed project after 8 weeks or so, I close it myself. I assume they are notified by Upwork that the project is closed and they are allowed to leave feedback for me. After that much time has passed, most lame or lazy clients just can't be bothered to leave feedback.

Same as above. 

If it appears that there is no more work to be done on a contract, I ask the client to close it. That way they must leave feedback.

I see no point in asking for good feedback. Not only is it unprofessional, but also because it should be obvious to clients that I would prefer good feedback. I just make sure to be polite when asking to help make sure their experience working with me is positive. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members