🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to online 24/7 Hours through the app.
Page options
333683cb
Community Member

How to online 24/7 Hours through the app.

Hello!

I have an Upwork app. I need to know how to be online/active 24/7 Hours through the Upwork app. To get the clients more attention. Because when I open the app it cannot show that I am online/active.

Regards,

Aitzaz A.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Aitzaz A wrote:

Hello!

I have an Upwork app. I need to know how to be online/active 24/7 Hours through the Upwork app. To get the clients more attention. Because when I open the app it cannot show that I am online/active.

Regards,

Aitzaz A.

It isn't necessary (or possible!) to always be online. Who told you that would help you to get more attention? It isn't true. I've had my own status set to "invisible" for over a year now, and it hasn't affected the number of invitations or jobs that I get.

If you're looking for work as a graphic designer and video editor, the most important thing is to have a good portfolio. Clients won't be impressed that you're online constantly, if they can't see any of the work that you've done.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
prestonhunter
Community Member

You don't need to sleep?

Absolutely not! This is not a solution.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Aitzaz A wrote:

Hello!

Regards,

Aitzaz A.

It isn't necessary (or possible!) to always be online. Who told you that would help you to get more attention? It isn't true. I've had my own status set to "invisible" for over a year now, and it hasn't affected the number of invitations or jobs that I get.

If you're looking for work as a graphic designer and video editor, the most important thing is to have a good portfolio. Clients won't be impressed that you're online constantly, if they can't see any of the work that you've done.

Madam, I really appreciate and like your answer.

kinector
Community Member

I love your introduction video. 😍

The only thing the video seems to be missing is the point you were asking about here. Many phrase it as something like "I'm waiting for your message 24/7."

I'm not trying to outdo Christine or anything, but here's a true fact:

I have been an Upwork freelancer since 2016. I think I set my status to "invisible/offline" within the first few weeks of using the site. I have never turned it back.

I absolutely do not need to be showing up as "online" in order to get invitations and get hired. I really don't think any client looks at this when hiring people.

Preston H wrote:

I have been an Upwork freelancer since 2016. I think I set my status to "invisible/offline" within the first few weeks of using the site. I have never turned it back.

I wish that button actually did have the power to make us invisible. That would be an awesome feature.

omg I feel like such a boomer. Where did the quote button go? I'm gonna get the "quote I don't know who you're talking to" snark!

Anyway, I'm responding to Christine like boomer to say that I would love a button that sends screamers to one queue and nice happy people to another queue so I can just ignore the screamer queue all week.

petra_r
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

omg I feel like such a boomer. Where did the quote button go?

It's hiding under the three dots that expands the menu

quote 2.png

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Nobody hires a freelancer who never sleeps. That is detrimental to your concentration and work performance. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members