🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Fixed price contract milestone payment refuce...
Page options
phanchita_s
Community Member

How to open a dispute

Hi 🙂 I tried to follow "how to open a dispute" instruction (attached) but could not find the the "view request" button anywhere.

Has anyone successfully opened a dispute following this instruction and can help me, please? 

Thanks so much in advance.Screenshot 2021-05-26 105552.png

15 REPLIES 15
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Phanchita,

Could you please send me a private message with the contract ID that you want to dispute so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I too ended a contract with a freelancer after mistakenly hiring 2. It took me about 45 minutes to end the contract after hiring her. This is my first time & my confusion led to my mistake.

I am awaiting her response but it seems that she is a bit angry with me & said that she missed another job because of me.

How to proceed from here?

Hi Hyro,

I'm sorry to hear about the inconvenience this has caused you. I would recommend to communicate further with your freelancer and hopefully, you will reach a positive agreement for both sides.
If you have any additional questions about disputes or something else, feel free to follow up here and I will guide you accordingly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Continuing from the previous post, the freelancer approved the refund yesterday. How long will it take for the refund to be credited back to my bank account?

re: "How long will it take for the refund to be credited back to my bank account?"

Between 2 to 5 business days.

Thank you

Hi Hyro,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm glad the freelancer has issued a refund. It should be available in your account in 3-5 days.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Goran

Since he did not accpet my hire when I deposted the amount, although I paid for a milestone it is not linked to an active or a canceled contract right ? its just sitting there in my Escrow account.

So All I want to know is can use that amount in my Escrow to pay for a different freelancer

After agreeing to a start date for a project through a metting, I deposted the first milestone payment for the freelancer after hiring him for the project.

Right after depositing the milestone payment to the Escrow, the freelancer refuced the project.

Now I have my deposited amount in escrow alocated to the freelancer as a milestone payment.

Can I use this amount to hire another freelancer? Can I pay their payment from the Escrow using this balance amount in the account?

How do I proceed? pls help

Forgot to mention that, although I hired the freelancer, he did not accept the contract. So Although I paid for a milestone before he accepted the contract then it is void right ?

All I want to know is can I use the amount in my Escrow to pay for another freelancer? Or do I need a request for a refund?

Hi , I have the same problem I tried to follow "how to open a dispute" instruction but could not find the the "view request" button anywhere. And received a message from client that contract is ended so please help me i would like to speak with support as soon as possible. I am unble to find dispute can you help me, please? 

Thanks so much in advance.

re: "Hi , I have the same problem I tried to follow 'how to open a dispute' instruction but could not find the the 'view request' button anywhere. And received a message from client that contract is ended so please help me i would like to speak with support as soon as possible. I am unble to find dispute can you help me, please?"

Syed:
Are you sure there is a basis for oping a dispute?

A client may end a contract at any time.

Was this an hourly or fixed-price contract?

If this was a fixed-price contract, was there money in escrow when the client ended the contract, and did he trigger a refund request?

If so, how much money is in dispute?

c6af3687
Community Member

Hello! I'd like some help, please. I'm new at Upwork. The first job I did was in Feb 2022 for $35. I had to record 1050 sentences. I completed the job in 48h. I didn't realize the client had set a milestone of only $5 payable on Mar 31th. I have several messages exchanged with the client requesting the payment of the other $30. The client accepted the milestone for the second payment but she never funded it. So I never got paid. I need to open a dispute but I don't know how to do it. From then on, I completed 7 other jobs and they all went perfectly. Now I always ask the client how long it will take them to review the job and I always check the due dates on the milestones. Can anyone help, please? Thanks.

petra_r
Community Member

Sandra V wrote:  I need to open a dispute but I don't know how to do it.

There is nothing that can be done because only funded money can be disputed. Because only $5 was funded and you were paid that, this is over.

magreth
Community Member

Opening a dispute for $30 is not worth it. Some mistakes, you just need to accept them and move on. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths