cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open a dispute

phanchita_s
Phanchita S Member Since: May 26, 2021
1 of 7

Hi 🙂 I tried to follow "how to open a dispute" instruction (attached) but could not find the the "view request" button anywhere.

Has anyone successfully opened a dispute following this instruction and can help me, please? 

Thanks so much in advance.Screenshot 2021-05-26 105552.png

djondinium
Community Manager
Aleksandar D Community Manager Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
2 of 7

Hi Phanchita,

Could you please send me a private message with the contract ID that you want to dispute so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
17ee858d
Hyro P Member Since: Jun 15, 2021
3 of 7

I too ended a contract with a freelancer after mistakenly hiring 2. It took me about 45 minutes to end the contract after hiring her. This is my first time & my confusion led to my mistake.

I am awaiting her response but it seems that she is a bit angry with me & said that she missed another job because of me.

How to proceed from here?

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4 of 7

Hi Hyro,

I'm sorry to hear about the inconvenience this has caused you. I would recommend to communicate further with your freelancer and hopefully, you will reach a positive agreement for both sides.
If you have any additional questions about disputes or something else, feel free to follow up here and I will guide you accordingly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
17ee858d
5 of 7

Continuing from the previous post, the freelancer approved the refund yesterday. How long will it take for the refund to be credited back to my bank account?

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 7

re: "How long will it take for the refund to be credited back to my bank account?"

Between 2 to 5 business days.

17ee858d
7 of 7

Thank you

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS