🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How to proceed with Suspended Client.
Page options
henndejj
Community Member

How to proceed with Suspended Client.

Hello,

Upwork has informed me that they had found compelling evidence of irregular activity by one of my clients and they had ended our contract which was already suspended. My client has also confirmed that his account is suspended for good. I am not sure how I am supposed to proceed with this client according to Upwork's ToS. Can I keep in touch with this client and possibly work together? 

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Henok wrote:

Hello, Can I keep in touch with this client and possibly work together? 

No. Not for 2 years from the time the client and you first connected on the platform or if the client pays a big chunk of money to Upwork, which likely won't happen.

. I am not sure how I am supposed to proceed with this client according to Upwork's ToS.

You're not supposed to proceed with this client at all.

henndejj
Community Member

Thank you very much. Since it is the upwork that ended the contract and my client doesn't have access to the upwork, I won't be able to get feedback from this client. Does it have any negative impact on my profile possibly my job success score?

petra_r
Community Member

Henok D wrote:

Since it is the upwork that ended the contract and my client doesn't have access to the upwork, I won't be able to get feedback from this client. Does it have any negative impact on my profile possibly my job success score?

No, it doesn't. Contracts with suspended clients are excluded anyway, and if money was paid, the contract does not have any negative effect anyway.

henndejj
Community Member

Thank you.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members