🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to propose a custom contract to a new cli...
Page options
sadiamansab
Community Member

How to propose a custom contract to a new client?

I'm a freelancer. I've made different tiers/projects.

A contractor messaged me through one of my project the other day.
Based on our discussion of the job, I informed the contractor that the price for your job will be custom and higher than the prices I suggested in the gig.

The contractor has agreed to a custom price and now asks how he/she could accept my offer!

My question is, is there a way to suggest a custom gig to the contractor, or what procedure do I need to follow so that the contract can be started?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Sadia M wrote:

My question is, is there a way to suggest a custom gig to the contractor, or what procedure do I need to follow so that the contract can be started?

First of all, you mean ""the client" as you are the contractor (or freelancer as we generally call it here,)

You can't propose a contract to a client you have never worked with and the project catalogue gig can't be changed, so the easiest and quickest way to go about it is for your client to go to your profile, hit the "HIRE" button and set up the offer according to what you had agreed on previously as a fixed rate contract.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PradeepH

Hello Sadia,

If you are referring to a regular Fixed price contract, your client will have the option to update the rates as per your agreement before sending an offer to you. You can share this Help page with your client or request them to contact us directly if they need assistance with sending a custom offer to you.

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Sadia M wrote:

First of all, you mean ""the client" as you are the contractor (or freelancer as we generally call it here,)

You can't propose a contract to a client you have never worked with and the project catalogue gig can't be changed, so the easiest and quickest way to go about it is for your client to go to your profile, hit the "HIRE" button and set up the offer according to what you had agreed on previously as a fixed rate contract.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members