🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to raise complaint about client
Page options
sathishb96
Community Member

How to raise complaint about client

Hi

Hope you staying safe!!!

I want to raise one query about my client. Hope you help me out from this .

I have recieved a job invitation on 20th March 2020. Here is the job posted link for your reference **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Me and client had a conversation about the work requirements on 20th March 2020, and I have started my work with sample output on 21st March 2020. Client got satisifed with my sample output and also agreed with 50$ of this project, then I have started to automate the entire process and deliverd the final file to client on 22nd March 2020. He said, will send offer today. I've waited for him more than one week, still he didnt respond anything to me. I don't know how to raise complaint ticket via upwork, Please take a neccessary steps to sort out this problem. Thanks

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

Sathish:

I don't know that there is anything you can do.

You used Upwork improperly in some very serious ways.

It sounds to me like you were working for free.

If you did not have a contract in place, then there is no way for the client to pay you.

Please do not work for free.

If that is what happened - if the client asked you to work and didn't award you a contract first before you did your work - then you should click on the "Flag as inappropriate" link button in the top right hand corner of the job posting screen and report the client.

That will not mean that you get paid, but it will help prevent the client from doing more of this with the same client account.

If you don't get paid, then the work belongs to you. You may sell the work or post it in your portfolio or do whatever you want with it.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members