cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reactivate my Upwork account?

Saymon H Member Since: Oct 13, 2015
1 of 11

Upwork has suspended my account due to suspension of my client's account. I don't know what was my fault there and how to reactivate it. I have another two open contracts with whom i have been working for a long time. Can I still work with them?

Please answer. 

Saymon Hossain
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 11

Hi Mohammad,

I see your account was suspended because of a serious ToS violation and I strongly advise you to follow up on the notification our team sent you earlier today.

Ace Contributor
Md. Mostafizur R Member Since: Mar 18, 2016
3 of 11

Hello Dear Vladimir, Hope you are fine.

May I know what is ToS Violation in Upwork?

Thanks in advance.

Ehsan E Member Since: Jun 13, 2017
4 of 11

Hi, I am a freelancer, and I made up work account two years before and still it is suspended. Even I have requested to reactivate it but I didn't get any positive response and neither my account is activated. The reason for suspension of my account is still unknown to me, as I have done nothing on up work yet. So, Please Admin have a look on my account. 

5 of 11

Hi Ehsan,

Please refer to the two notifications our team sent you in 2015 and update your profile title and overview in order to resume your account.

Ritu S Member Since: Jul 12, 2017
6 of 11

my account was suspend

7 of 11

Hi Ritu,

I checked and see your account isn't suspended. In case you received a notification that your profile was set to private, please log into your account and use one of the options described in the notification for making your profile public.

Ace Contributor
Md. Mostafizur R Member Since: Mar 18, 2016
8 of 11

Hello Saymon,

Hope you are fine.

It's really pathetic that your account is being suspended while you have running jobs in progress. I am sure this is for short period of time, as they must obey their legislation. I know your feeling, your client did wrong, that is not your fault.
We hope Upwork will consider not to hold freelancer's account due to the problem/fault/violation from client end.

By the way, you should contact support as earli as possible to resolve your issue.

Best of Luck.

With Regards.

Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
9 of 11

ToS=Terms of Service. It is part of the documents Upword suggests each freelancer familiarizes themselves with before working on the platform. Failure to do so does not mean you are innocent if you did not know you did something wrong. Ignorance with this regard is not an acceptable excuse for breaching the ToS.

Ivana M Member Since: Mar 16, 2018
10 of 11

Upwork admins, would you please take a pick at my account which is suspended. I want to activate it again. Thanks

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS