🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to reconcile with a former client? Please...
Page options
eucliwood22
Community Member

How to reconcile with a former client? Please Help!

Hi there!

I would like to ask some feedback, similar experience and a client perspective in this situation. To fully elaborate my concern, I have work with a former client here in upwork last year. I was just starting my career here and take jobs that i know what to do but lacks the professionalism to be a good freelancer. The client i am mentioning about is good and very understanding to give me another chance to take a go on his task. At first i did okay but change my mind to give up the project a week when i was working with him because of the reason that the milestone rate is small for a time consuming work. Then when i contacted him for another job i couldn't ask for a bigger rate due to my unprofessional quitting and couldn't keep up with the deadlines because i was taking care of my first born.

Now i have seen that he has an open job and i am terrified and ashame to apply once more because i don't want to mess it up again..

Does anyone have the same experience? any advice is welcome here. Thank you in advance

6 REPLIES 6
sajal36
Community Member

I believe first and foremost, please strictly follow code of business conduct when working on any project. This will ensure that you are working within boundary of profressionalism and adhereing to work principles. If you have accepted the offer than you must try to complete the job if it is inline to what you discuss irespective of the rates. You can always request a rate revision from client considering that you have done excellent job.

I think you can go ahead and tell your client about low rates with respect to work.  You can also let him know the reason of quitting the job  and also inform about the limitation due to which you missed the deadline. Client will definitely appreciate about knowing the truth and there is no harm in reapplying for the job with the rate you think is correct for the job. There is no reason to be feeling restrain in applying for the job that you think is realted to your skillset.

But before you apply, you must align your schedule for the job and let client know your availability time slots for the job. Good Luck.

Thanks for the response Sajal, I'm currently trying your method. i have applied to the job and message the client thoroughly so i can align him to my setup. hoping to get a response from him. Thank you so much.

Update on the post: Yes i did receive a response, but it's quite confusing and i think he doesnt need my services. Well Charge to Experience..

tlsanders
Community Member

Why are you so determined to work with this one client again?

Personally, We are in a third world part of the world and competing is really hard here. For me, I have already spent 400+ connects and is wasted for only profile views and half hearted interviews that the money i spent is greatly wasted than should have help our expenses for everyday consumption. So having good relationship and the opportunity to get re-hired is a big help for us to still make it here in upwork given that there are millions of freelancer who also need work..

We all need to work hard.... My profile has been view praying for the contract

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members