🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to recover my account
Page options
shivanshu9
Community Member

How to recover my account

My upwork account is created by my previous company and now i have left my company, They have changed the password of my account and they are using my account for bidding purpose. I want to recover my account or i want to delete or cancel my account because they are doing wrong thing.. what to do.. Please help me out.. I am trying to connect with upwork support team but there is no live chat services avaailable.. Thanks 

48 REPLIES 48
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Shivanshu,

I just sent you a private message with instructions. You will be able to find it in the upper left corner on this page.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I am also facing same problem. Someone log in accoung and change my email. I need to recover my account.

Hi Bodiuzzaman,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Please I want to retrieve my mistakenly deleted upwork account

Hi Kolawole,

Please send me a PM(click on my name) with your account details and our team will reopen your account. Once it is reopened I would strongly suggest to close this account as having more than one is a violation of our TOS. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

Please I want to retrieve my deleted upwork account.

Kind regards.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chiazor,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you need help with. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi I'm just wondering how to retrieve my account. It was odesk before..I've worked with odesk for almost two years and I have a very good record in there but I needed to work.on secular job. I'm.trying and trying to retrieve that account but I can't. What should I do.

Hi Cathlene,

Do you remember your UserID or email from your account? If yes, please reach out to me via PM(click on my name) and I will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi 

How can i recover  my odesk account?

Please share details

Hi Shobhit,

We'll help you the best we can. Do you remember your Username or email from your account? If yes, please reach out to me via PM(click on my name) and I will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Riri

I am also facing the same issue.

Hi Hiral,

Please reach out to me via PM (Click on my name) with more details about the account you`re referring to and I will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I had an upwork years ago but cannot recover it as I no-longer have access to that email address. 

But I can't create a new one either because my phone number is tied to that old account

Please help!

Hi Tom,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am also having the same problem please help me.
I was working with an agency with my upwork account but when I left the agency they changed my password. And now I don't have any access to it.
I need to recover it please help.

Hi Atul,

Please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with more details and I will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

This happened to my friend too. Do you mind sending me a message with the instruction. Thank you in advance!

Hi Madelaine,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your request, including the email address of the account you're referring to? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Valeria, 

I'm facing the same case. Could you please instruct me how to claim or delete my other active account. 

Looking forward 

Thanks and regards

Tushar

Hi Tushar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to?

Please know that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork, regardless of the old account being closed, or suspended. Having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
gowdaeshwer
Community Member

My upwork account is created by my previous company and now i have left my company, They have changed the password of my account and they are using my account for bidding purpose. I want to recover my account or i want to delete or cancel my account because they are doing wrong thing.. what to do.. Please help me out.. I am trying to connect with upwork support team but there is no live chat services available.. Thanks

Please any support member contact me so I can share the old profile details as it was private now but I can give you the profile URL.

Hi Eshwer,

Please send me a PM (click on my name) with your account details and our team will investigate it further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
boverio
Community Member

Hello good afternoon.

I would like to know if I have any chance of recovering my Odesk account, since I had a lot of work done on it as well as a very good reputation.

For a time I worked for Odesk (I think 2 years) but, one day I left alone on my own in my country (Argentina) to produce different objects.

I am an Industrial Designer and I develop and manufacture medical equipment. I have many projects but, the reality is that today, the situation in Argentina is very difficult but at the same time it is very favorable to work for the USA, for example, earning in dollars.

Due to this reason, I would like to return to work here but now I know it is called UpWork. The issue is that I don't remember the emails I use or my username. Will I be able to retrieve the information from that account so as not to open a new one and have everything in it?

The data I can pass you are:

-Name and Surname: Pablo Ariel Boverio
-ID: 29442484
-Profession: Industrial Designer
-Time I worked: 6 or 7 years ago

Thank you.I also leave my email for the doubts:

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pablo Ariel,

Please, note that when oDesk merged with Elance and became Upwork, oDesk accounts continued to be accessible through the new Upwork platform. If you had an account on oDesk, you should still be able to log into it with its original email address or user ID and password. 

You can send me a PM with more information about that account so that we can try to locate it for you. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
monaxxl
Community Member

Hi,

I am facing the same issue, I have lost access to my email account, because it was temprorare email server of company and now I have lost my upwork account, can any one help?

Thanks, Ivan Trach

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ivan,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you need help with. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
fuji-masa
Community Member

Hello,

I worked with upwork (odesk) before and want to do it again, but it seems that I've (unintentionally) deketed my account. I would like to recover my old account as I had good rating etc.

Could you please help?

I tried to send a message to you but somehow it didn't work. I made this new account just to write here.

Thank you very much in advance.

Hi Masa,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Could you please send me a PM with your username and email address of the account you need help with? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
derekrj27
Community Member

I also am having this problem I was wondering if I could recover my account using the phone number on the account.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Derek, 

I was unable to locate your old account for you. Please send us me the details of your account through a PM so that I can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
cce9baab
Community Member

Hello, I'm Murat Gezer

I can't open Saurav Jain to the account where I invested 100usd.

Can you help me ..

Hi Murat,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I have the same issue, I cannot login in my account anymore, its seems someone had changed my account details. I hope someone can help me with my problem. I just made a new account just to get some help from you mods. 

Hi,

Please note that due to our Community settings, new users will need to wait up to 2 hours in order to have the option to send private messages. After your Community rank updates from 'New Forum Member' to 'Active Member', please send me a PM with your account details so that I can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
prativa_singh
Community Member

One of my colleague has lost his upwork account. His account is now private. Please help!

Shivanshu S wrote:

My upwork account is created by my previous company and now i have left my company, They have changed the password of my account and they are using my account for bidding purpose. I want to recover my account or i want to delete or cancel my account because they are doing wrong thing.. what to do.. Please help me out.. I am trying to connect with upwork support team but there is no live chat services avaailable.. Thanks 

Hi Prativa,

Thank you for your message. Could you please request your colleague to contact us here so that we can better assist them? Our social support team will be happy to help them in case they are unable to contact us here. Please private message us on Facebook by following this link (m.me/upwork) or Tweet us at www.twitter.com/upworkhelp on Twitter. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Please help me in claiming this profile back:

Here is the profile link- **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Prativa,

Thank you for your message. I checked and the profile belongs to someone else. Could you please clarify why do you want to claim this profile?

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths