🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to reject the refund request?
Page options
tech-choices
Community Member

How to reject the refund request?

can anyone please guide me how i can reject the refund request? when i open the request it only shows me refund option reject a refund option is not there. please guide me 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Huma R wrote:

i am also talking about the escrew funds maam.

No, you are not because the funds the client is asking back are **NOT** in escrow anymore, they were released to you.

This is NOT a request to return funds from escrow (where you have to accept or reject within 7 days), because there ARE no funds in escrow. This is a straightforward refund request and you can ignore it, there is no function to reject it.

The client can dispute though if the last milestone was released less than 30 days ago.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Huma,

As I've already shared with you via PM, I would like to confirm once again that you don't need to take any action on your refund request.
The refund request does not have the option to reject it and open a dispute at the moment, and that is why there's no need to take any additional questions from your end. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

But i have read that i only have 7 days to reject a refund otherwise refund will be auto generated.

Huma R wrote:

But i have read that i only have 7 days to reject a refund otherwise refund will be auto generated.

You read wrong.

That is for a "Request to return the escrow funds" which is a completely different process to a "Refund request!".

i am also talking about the escrew funds maam. ihave delivered the 2 milestones client took all the work after 14 days i automatically recieved the payment from upwork escrew. i ended the contract because client has took all the work i have done all revisions and she was asking for refund. and now when i ended the cointract she files a refund request and in that request i am unable to see the reject refund option.

Huma R wrote:

i am also talking about the escrew funds maam.

No, you are not because the funds the client is asking back are **NOT** in escrow anymore, they were released to you.

This is NOT a request to return funds from escrow (where you have to accept or reject within 7 days), because there ARE no funds in escrow. This is a straightforward refund request and you can ignore it, there is no function to reject it.

The client can dispute though if the last milestone was released less than 30 days ago.

okay thank you so much for clearing this. i was really worried about this situaton 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members