🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to remove bad feedback
Page options
asil0
Community Member

How to remove bad feedback

I have ended a contract and this is my feedback and the reason too to end the contract "After starting the training on his custom software and ending the first task perfectly, asked to refund the amount becasue i should take his training for free although it was long term."

and the client gave me a feedback accused my that I've stolen his clients information.

this is very ugly feeling. what can I do to edit/report this feedback

I'm really working to get positive feedback and now my JSS is 99%

Thanks in advance

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Muhamed A wrote:

You can't edit it and it is not reportable. As you're not top rated, you can't remove it either until you are top rated.

The only possible option would be to fully refund the money paid under the contract in full.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
petra_r
Community Member

Muhamed A wrote:

You can't edit it and it is not reportable. As you're not top rated, you can't remove it either until you are top rated.

The only possible option would be to fully refund the money paid under the contract in full.

asil0
Community Member

if I refunded the amount, the job and feedback will be removed from my profile?

ryanwest1
Community Member

Its advisable that you leave a response to the client's feedback also stating your side of the contract. But not to worry, a single poor rating might just leave your JSS at 90% which would be covered up between your next two jobs with a good rating.

re: "if I refunded the amount, the job and feedback will be removed from my profile?"

Yes.

I refunded the amount he requested and I still have an amount in job in progress. what should I do to remove this job?

A job is not removed from your profile when you "refund an amount that a client has requested."

A job is removed from your profile if you refund all money that you earned from that job.

Also: The job needs to be closed.

And it can take some time for your profile page to be updated.

For an hourly contract that is still open: If you have money "in progress" because you logged hours during the current week, then you can delete the hours from your current work diary. That will cause the dollars in the "Work in progress" box to disappear.

If you want to force a profile page refresh, you can make a small edit to your profile overview text.

Preston H wrote:

If you have money "in progress" because you logged hours during the current week, then you can delete the hours from your current work diary. That will cause the dollars in the "Work in progress" box to disappear.

No, he can not do anything of the kind because the contract is closed (otherwise he could not see the feedback, could he?)

You can't delete hours or even access the work diary of the job after it has been closed.

petra_r
Community Member

Muhamed A wrote:

I refunded the amount he requested and I still have an amount in job in progress. what should I do to remove this job?

To remove the feedback all that has been paid under the contract would have to be refunded. However, you can't refund something that is under "work in progress" until Monday after it has been charged.

I refunded the amount but I am yet to see the feedback go

asil0
Community Member

the feedback will be hidden from your profile soon, also you can try to update your overview by writing a point (.) and see it may update the history

Hello Petra,

I had a one star review for a job tha I could not complete cause I felt sick. So the client state "designer disappeared". He did not paid any milestone as far as I know, as I did not recieve any money.

Is there any way to delete this review?

Because This is ruin my carrer on Upworks. Since this event I couldn't get almost any job!

Can anyone please help me?

Hi Luigi,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I am afraid it isn't possible to get this feedback removed. Feedback represents the user's opinion and because of this, Upwork can't edit these comments or scores, nor can we investigate them for accuracy. However, if you become Top Rated or Top Rated Plus, you'd be able to request a feedback removal like it's explained in this help article. In the future, it's best to work out any feedback issues you have with your client directly and try to keep the communication with your client as open as possible to avoid any setbacks. 

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths