๐Ÿˆ Community
ยป Forums ยป Freelancers ยป Re: How to remove my first bad feedback?
Page options
sabrihakuli
Community Member

How to remove my first bad feedback?

Hi guys,

I wonder what to do. In March I worked on a project for fixed price ($20) to convert PSD to HTML.

The job was done in Wednesday, March 13, 2019 where I send the files and client was happy with the results, but client do not end the contract and it has leave open after 3 days he invited to do some other jobs which were out of my skills and I refused it and again after 10 days he messaged me to re-design the webpage and add some php code which I accept to work for free and I finished the new design of the page but I refused to work with php because is out of my skills. Finally after 2 days he messaged me and send some files where he want to makes some new changes in the webpage, I accepted to work although I saw that the code was edited and added new files and code from somebody which I think it caused the bugs in webpage. The client wanted that the job must be finished as fast as possible but the bugs in the webpage maked me impossible to finish it for 2-3 days.

My job was just to convert PSD to HTML which I did perfectly and the client was happy, so here is a screenshot: http://prntscr.com/nn0efo

After I told him that I can not finish for 2-3 days he dont messaged me anymore but ended the contract and give me a bad feedback message with review 2.0 in all sections (SkillsAvailabilityCommunicationQuality, Deadlines, Cooperationwith which I disagree.

"I am ready to give all messages with him to prove it!"

My feedback to him was a 5 because I was happy with him.

So my question is:

1. Can I delete his feedback from my profile? If yes, how?

Please let me know if you have been in the same situation and how did you deal with this and how do you avoid it for the future?
 
Thank you in advance for your help!
Sabri
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
yitwail
Community Member

Sabri, I'm sorry this happened to you, but you had no reason to agree to do any work for free, once the client approved the milestone for the original task, which was PSD to HTML. If the client won't close a contract, you can always close it yourself, or just let the contract stay open.

 

Anyway, your Job Success really suffered because of this job, but you have one other contract that just closed, so politely remind the client to leave you feedback. Whatever it might be, it will be better than 2.0 so it should improve your Job Success Score. Because you haven't completed very many jobs, every job can have a big effect on Job Sucess, so with luck yours will improve soon.

__________________________________________________
"No good deed goes unpunished." -- Clare Boothe Luce

View solution in original post

70 REPLIES 70

Hi MD Humayan,

 

I'm sorry to hear about the negative outcome. Please, note that only Top Rated and Top Rated Plus talent can request feedback removal. Feel free to check this help article to learn more. Additionally, if you refund your clientthe public feedback will disappear, but the private feedback will still remain and will be counted against your Job Success Score.

 

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Okay, I understand. Thanks for your response. 

Hi Dear Luiggi,

I am a Top Rated Freelancer and I want to remove this feedback from my profile because I did not get enough information to get started his project even his communication skills are very poor! Suddenly he came back and left this kind of feedback!

Link: **Edited for Community Guidelines** 
Screenshot: **Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Best regards,
**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Hi Anisur,

 

To learn more about how to request for your feedback to be removed, follow the instructions listed in this Help Article. If you have any additional questions, feel free to follow up here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

It is also devastating that even after working for a long time with my client over 30hrs he just decided to end the contract and give me a bad review ... after working for him for more than a month..... when I tried to show ask him why he just felt bad and blocked me from messaging him... the worst thing he just left me 2.00 rating everywhere ... I hope this won't be the end of my profile...

Why did you give him 5 stars then? 

Top rated freelancers can remove the occasional bad feedback, at the stage you are at you can only get rid of it by refunding the total amount. 

Hi kathy,

I have a question If  I will make refund $20 then clients review will remove from my public profile. I have get $900 from that contract but I have give him lot of work but at the end he is not give me good review.

Please help regarding this issue.

 

 

joywriter
Community Member

As they explained, you can only refund which will remove the public profile, apart from that the internal rating will remain.

 

Let this be a lesson learned. After the work is done and the client is happy, close the contract. If they ask for another short gig, tell them to first rate the job and close. Do not say anything to make them feel like you will no longer work with them. If then you do no agree, just tell them. If they get mean and start to harass you, tell them to go fetch, block them and move on to the next client.

 

Good luck!

Hello sir,

I also want to remove the unexpected work history review, and ready for refund.
But can't find the refund option in my profile.

Please let me know in details about this.

 

Thanks.

Hi Efraim,

 

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the contract you're referring to. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have get $900 form that contract. If I refund $20 then public review will be removed from my profile.


Ravindra K wrote:

I have get $900 form that contract. If I refund $20 then public review will be removed from my profile.


No. Only if you refund the contract in full, which means refunding everything you were ever paid under that contract. In this case that's $920 because that's what you were paid.

 

 

Hi Ravindra,

 

Feedback removal is available only for Top Rated or Top Rated Plus freelancers. Initiating a partial refund will not remove feedback on your contract. 

 

Thank you.

Pradeep.



Upwork
feed_my_eyes
Community Member


Sabri H wrote:


My feedback to him was a 5 because I was happy with him.


You were happy with him? He offered you a job for peanuts in the first place, then demanded work that was outside the scope of the original project, he was unresponsive and generally a terrible client in every way. And then you gave him 5 stars. Why?!! 

 

The client ended the contract and dont give me the feedback, and I say okay and give to him the 5 star feedback because he was good, but after few hours he gives me a bad feedback with unaccaptable reason to me.

I had a similar problem when I first started at Upwork the end of January. Unfortunately, some clients are just the pits. I refunded the pittance the woman was going to pay me and I didn't have to have bad feedback from her on my profile. If you do that, maybe there would be private feedback that would hurt you for a while but at least the bad public feedback would not be on your profile for everyone to see. I would get rid of that. You just don't know how much damage it is doing.

kat303
Community Member


Joan S wrote:

I had a similar problem when I first started at Upwork the end of January. Unfortunately, some clients are just the pits. I refunded the pittance the woman was going to pay me and I didn't have to have bad feedback from her on my profile. If you do that, maybe there would be private feedback that would hurt you for a while but at least the bad public feedback would not be on your profile for everyone to see. I would get rid of that. You just don't know how much damage it is doing.


---------------

The damage is already done as I stated above. If the OP gives back the funds, the public feedback will be removed but the private feedback still stays. AND in addition a job with no money paid will also go against the OP's JSS. So that's 2 strikes against the OP.

petra_r
Community Member


Kathy T wrote:

AND in addition a job with no money paid will also go against the OP's JSS. So that's 2 strikes against the OP.

No, it won't / wouldn't. The damage this contract did is done. Refunding the money won't make it even worse.

There is no "double whammy" policy for the JSS.

 

I am not saying he should refund, that's up to him, but refunding would not *further* damage his JSS.

 

After the response he left on his profile he should refund the money just to make that disappear before that causes any more harm.

Please help me, I have already issued refund. client's given me bad feedback, without any reason, still showing on my profile.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**


Ankit A wrote:
Please help me, I have already issued refund. client's given me bad feedback, without any reason, still showing on my profile.

Wait a few hours and refresh your profile view. 

Thank You for Reply, I will waiting

Still Showing on profile, How Much Time Take to disappear.

Guy,Gabriel Lumagui

after Build 3 Time his store, they are harassing me, I already refund his Money, Please Remove The Review. they asking an eCommerce feature, That Doesn't even on Amazon, Etsy, and eBay

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Ankit,

 

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Looks like the feedback is not showing on your profile anymore. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if it still shows on your end? 

 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank You so Much

Hi Team,

 

Is this still possible? If I refund my client in full will the review and rating be removed from my profile?\

 

Thank you very much in advance.


Roan Romelica A wrote:

Is this still possible? If I refund my client in full will the review and rating be removed from my profile?\


From your profile, yes. From your JSS, no

johnloque15
Community Member

May i ask for you help? If possible that I can also request for a feedback to be remove? Thank you.

 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi John,

 

I would like to clarify that feedback removal is available only for Top Rated or Top Rated Plus freelancers. Initiating a partial refund will not remove feedback on your contract. You can find more information about the feedback removal option here

 

~ Nikola
Upwork
shanyfatima
Community Member

my client give me the project of 150$. He was satisfied with me and he give me 60$ after first mile stone. But after completing all the  work at the last day he said to me that he also need coding. Which was not include in the offer. I said him that coding is not my job.

He ended the contract at last mooment. and not give me remainin payment. It was my first review. I just want to delete the review in which he says that " I do not know about coding". I need help.


Shan E Fatima M wrote:

my client give me the project of 150$. He was satisfied with me and he give me 60$ after first mile stone. But after completing all the  work at the last day he said to me that he also need coding. Which was not include in the offer. I said him that coding is not my job.

He ended the contract at last mooment. and not give me remainin payment. It was my first review. I just want to delete the review in which he says that " I do not know about coding". I need help.


 

You can only remove the feedback (but not the impact on your possible future score) by refunding the total amount. 

It is entirely your decision if you want to go that route.

Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Jan 31
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Learning Paths