🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How to remove my first bad feedback?
Page options
sabrihakuli
Community Member

How to remove my first bad feedback?

Hi guys,

I wonder what to do. In March I worked on a project for fixed price ($20) to convert PSD to HTML.

The job was done in Wednesday, March 13, 2019 where I send the files and client was happy with the results, but client do not end the contract and it has leave open after 3 days he invited to do some other jobs which were out of my skills and I refused it and again after 10 days he messaged me to re-design the webpage and add some php code which I accept to work for free and I finished the new design of the page but I refused to work with php because is out of my skills. Finally after 2 days he messaged me and send some files where he want to makes some new changes in the webpage, I accepted to work although I saw that the code was edited and added new files and code from somebody which I think it caused the bugs in webpage. The client wanted that the job must be finished as fast as possible but the bugs in the webpage maked me impossible to finish it for 2-3 days.

My job was just to convert PSD to HTML which I did perfectly and the client was happy, so here is a screenshot: http://prntscr.com/nn0efo

After I told him that I can not finish for 2-3 days he dont messaged me anymore but ended the contract and give me a bad feedback message with review 2.0 in all sections (SkillsAvailabilityCommunicationQuality, Deadlines, Cooperationwith which I disagree.

"I am ready to give all messages with him to prove it!"

My feedback to him was a 5 because I was happy with him.

So my question is:

1. Can I delete his feedback from my profile? If yes, how?

Please let me know if you have been in the same situation and how did you deal with this and how do you avoid it for the future?

Thank you in advance for your help!
Sabri
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
yitwail
Community Member

Sabri, I'm sorry this happened to you, but you had no reason to agree to do any work for free, once the client approved the milestone for the original task, which was PSD to HTML. If the client won't close a contract, you can always close it yourself, or just let the contract stay open.

Anyway, your Job Success really suffered because of this job, but you have one other contract that just closed, so politely remind the client to leave you feedback. Whatever it might be, it will be better than 2.0 so it should improve your Job Success Score. Because you haven't completed very many jobs, every job can have a big effect on Job Sucess, so with luck yours will improve soon.

View solution in original post

70 REPLIES 70
tlsanders
Community Member

If you refund all of the money he paid you on the contract, the rating and review will disappear from your profile, but his behind-the-scenes rating will still hurt your JSS.

What was your JSS before this client left feedback?

When I get this feedback I did not have a JSS score yet in my profile, the JSS score in my profile has been shown at 28 April (All my other client feedbacks have been rated with 5 stars) and good feedback.

Can you please tell me how long it will take to remove feedback  after refunding ? 

Hi Faarheen, 

I'd like to note that refunding a client in full will remove the feedback from your Work History, but the feedback will still be counted against your Job Success Score.

Are you referring to Contract ID# 23476998? It doesn't look like the contract is showing in your profile.

~ Avery
Upwork

contract id is 23483902

Contract Id 23483902. feedback is still there.

Faarheen P wrote:

Contract Id 23483902. feedback is still there.

Where do you see the feedback?

It is not showing on your profile. It will obviously still be visible to you when you go into the contract in your account, but not on your profile.

Thanks for your reply. Its removed now after refunding.

Hi Faarheen, 

It doesn't look like the feedback is showing on your Work History in your Upwork profile. As I have noted above, the public feedback will disappear if you issue a refund, but the private feedback will still remain and will be counted against you Job Success Score.

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks for your reply. It has been removed now. 🙂

434a1337
Community Member

Hi Avery, If I refund my client and request him to review it again? Then should the jss change?

petra_r
Community Member

Amit B wrote:

Hi Avery, If I refund my client and request him to review it again? Then should the jss change?

No. Clients can't leave feedback on refunded contracts and what really affects your JSS is private feedback, which can't be changed.

Your last feedback is from June 2019, so you have no 6 month calculation window. If you can win a few contracts and complete them well and with happy clients, then your JSS will go up because it will then be calculated from a 6 month window. 

Contract id 26034907.

re: "Contract id..."

Susheel:
Two points:

1) You have completed 21 jobs and you have 100% JSS right now.

I get it that you may be disappointed that you receive some feedback which isn't perfect. But I don't think you need to remove any any feedback.

2) If you DO want to use the "Top Rated" perk to remove an instance of bad feedback, you can read more in the Upwork Help document, or in the Forum, or in this very thread, to learn how to do that. You can NOT simply post a contract ID in this thread and expect something to happen.

Hi Avery, how long will the feedback be removed after issuing a refund

Hi Leslie,

It can take up to 12 hours for this information to update. Here's the help article to learn more about issuing a refund.

~ Joanne
Upwork

HI mam, i hope you will be fine mam the client give me a bad feedback i have working in this client 10 milstone and 11 milstone i have refund him to the client.mam my previews work you have cheak now  i have proparly working in this client. i request him mam to remove the bad feedback in my profile its my fature. i attced the some file, server manager who give him some good comment on my work but  end of the contract the owner give him bad feed back i have waitng your humble reqest thanks

Hi Rafi,

If you would like to request for your client to update the feedback, you can enable to option to change feedback by following these steps:

1. Go to My Jobs  All Contracts
  2. Check the Include closed contracts box and
  3. Click the title of the contract to get to the details page
  4. Go to Feedback and click the Enable client to change feedback link

Here's the help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi there. i want to remove the negative feedback from my profile. what should i do?

Muhammad Zain Ul H A wrote:

Hi there. i want to remove the negative feedback from my profile. what should i do?

The only way would be to fully refund the money. That client was a nightmare and left horrible feedback to all his freelancers!

Yeah sure I am here to refund the money

Muhammad Zain Ul H A wrote:
Yeah sure I am here to refund the money

Do it then. It was only $5 anyway (PS: Hiding your earnings is a bad idea by the way).

rajatdau
Community Member

Hello Avery,

I don't want to remove the feedback but on my profile, client is taking the benefit of that he can share the feedback on my feedback and of course I can't now. So, I don't know what will help me out here.

Being honest is hurting my score instead of my work. I won't return the money because I worked on the things I actually had to and they are getting good results out but I am stuck.

I intend to make Upwork a better place for Freelancers and Clients.

Hi Rajat,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket regarding your concern. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi,

One of my clients in the last month gave me a bad review. I did the work right but he suddenly ended the contract and started criticising my work. I tried my best and gave the best quality possible from my side but I think the buyer has a history of doing this. He had 1 star from another seller and I think he did the same manipulated thing with me. After ending the contract he sent me a refund request which he also did to the past seller. Kindly check this buyer's profile and his conduct with the seller. I am really disappointed with such behavior and this was my first bad review. Kindly once go through all this matter and let me know if there is anything possible.  I want to remove this negative feedback because this was not a genuine one in my point of view. I can provide more details if required from my side but kindly go through this once so I can get justice.

Contract ID

Hi Naveed,

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you've had. I would like to clarify that at the moment only Top Rated freelancers have the chance to request feedback to be removed from a freelancer profile.

However, our team will review this further for any violations of our TOS. If any violations are found, proper actions will be taken as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for the prompt response. Hoping for the best. Thanks

b1402540
Community Member

Hello avery I have a similar issue and I have submitted a refund, it's be more than 12hrs and the feedback has not been removed, any help?

Hi Anne,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow 24-48 hours for the feedback to be removed. If the issue persists, please let us know and we'll further assist you.

~ AJ
Upwork
4ba3bd05
Community Member

Hi! Could you please check why is feedback on contract 30351221 is still up there after full refunding? Should client do anything? Because mine doesn't appear on Upwork...

Hi Maryna,

I'm sorry for the late response. I checked your account and the public feedback for this contract has already been removed from your profile. Generally, it takes 24-48 hours for the changes to reflect on your account but if it still isn't reflected after 48 hours, you may contact support to report the issue.

Please let us know if you need further assistance on this. Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

I have joined upwork in Dec 2019 and my JSS is 100% before and after client feedback. 

Is there any way to refund to the ended contract?

I can't find the way.

Plesae help me!

I am not sure, how to refund all.

Plesae guide me to do so.

Regards.

Hi Efraim,

You should be able to issue a refund by following the steps shared in this help article.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Does it have to be all the money for the entire contract or can I refund the money for the milestone before the problematic feedback for the feedback to be removed from my account?

kat303
Community Member

The only 2 ways feedback can be removed is if you're top rated (which you are not) and if the feedback contained racist remarks, profanity etc. (which it does not.) 

There are 2 kinds of feedback. Public and Private. If you refund the $20 it will remove the Public feedback, but the Private feedback stays, and that is the feedback that will affect your JSS. 

So, at this point, no mater what you do, the damage is already done. So, you might as well keep what was paid to you.

You could have told the client to close the original job before you agreed to do all that additional work. Then, the original job would be closed and feedback would already have been given, and you could have declined any additional work. In the future, don't go for cheap clients. They turn out to be the very worst kind and usually have endless edits, revisions or extra work either related to the original job or a new job. 

yitwail
Community Member

Sabri, I'm sorry this happened to you, but you had no reason to agree to do any work for free, once the client approved the milestone for the original task, which was PSD to HTML. If the client won't close a contract, you can always close it yourself, or just let the contract stay open.

Anyway, your Job Success really suffered because of this job, but you have one other contract that just closed, so politely remind the client to leave you feedback. Whatever it might be, it will be better than 2.0 so it should improve your Job Success Score. Because you haven't completed very many jobs, every job can have a big effect on Job Sucess, so with luck yours will improve soon.

I want to remove my bad feedback. Please remove this feedback.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths