cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove my first bad feedback?

Sabri H Member Since: Jan 24, 2018
1 of 38

Hi guys,

I wonder what to do. In March I worked on a project for fixed price ($20) to convert PSD to HTML.

The job was done in Wednesday, March 13, 2019 where I send the files and client was happy with the results, but client do not end the contract and it has leave open after 3 days he invited to do some other jobs which were out of my skills and I refused it and again after 10 days he messaged me to re-design the webpage and add some php code which I accept to work for free and I finished the new design of the page but I refused to work with php because is out of my skills. Finally after 2 days he messaged me and send some files where he want to makes some new changes in the webpage, I accepted to work although I saw that the code was edited and added new files and code from somebody which I think it caused the bugs in webpage. The client wanted that the job must be finished as fast as possible but the bugs in the webpage maked me impossible to finish it for 2-3 days.

My job was just to convert PSD to HTML which I did perfectly and the client was happy, so here is a screenshot: http://prntscr.com/nn0efo

After I told him that I can not finish for 2-3 days he dont messaged me anymore but ended the contract and give me a bad feedback message with review 2.0 in all sections (SkillsAvailabilityCommunicationQuality, Deadlines, Cooperationwith which I disagree.

"I am ready to give all messages with him to prove it!"

My feedback to him was a 5 because I was happy with him.

So my question is:

1. Can I delete his feedback from my profile? If yes, how?

Please let me know if you have been in the same situation and how did you deal with this and how do you avoid it for the future?

Thank you in advance for your help!
Sabri
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
2 of 38

If you refund all of the money he paid you on the contract, the rating and review will disappear from your profile, but his behind-the-scenes rating will still hurt your JSS.

What was your JSS before this client left feedback?

Sabri H Member Since: Jan 24, 2018
3 of 38

When I get this feedback I did not have a JSS score yet in my profile, the JSS score in my profile has been shown at 28 April (All my other client feedbacks have been rated with 5 stars) and good feedback.

Farheen K Member Since: Oct 13, 2019
4 of 38

Can you please tell me how long it will take to remove feedback  after refunding ? 

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
5 of 38

Hi Faarheen, 

I'd like to note that refunding a client in full will remove the feedback from your Work History, but the feedback will still be counted against your Job Success Score.

Are you referring to Contract ID# 23476998? It doesn't look like the contract is showing in your profile.

-Avery
Untitled
6 of 38
contract id is 23483902
7 of 38

Contract Id 23483902. feedback is still there.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 38

Faarheen P wrote:

Contract Id 23483902. feedback is still there.

Where do you see the feedback?

It is not showing on your profile. It will obviously still be visible to you when you go into the contract in your account, but not on your profile.

9 of 38

Thanks for your reply. Its removed now after refunding.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
10 of 38

Hi Faarheen, 

It doesn't look like the feedback is showing on your Work History in your Upwork profile. As I have noted above, the public feedback will disappear if you issue a refund, but the private feedback will still remain and will be counted against you Job Success Score.

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS