cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove negative feedback from client?

Andrew K Member Since: Dec 17, 2018
1 of 5

This freelancer **Edited for Community Guidelines** completed project for **Edited for Community Guidelines**and Client gave him negative 1* feedback. I saw source code written by this freelancer and I know that project is poor written and unworkable, i.e. client's negative feedback is honest. After small amount of time this feedback was removed from freelancers portfolio (see **Edited for Community Guidelines**). Also this freelancer has TOP RATED and 100% Job Success status, i.e. probably UpWorks algorithms does not penaltize freelanser for this nagitive feedback.

My question is: How he (freelancer) did that? How to remove negative client's feedback? And how to make a situation when you have negative feedback without penalty by UpWorks algorithms?

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 5

He's top rated with $500k earned and tons of jobs, so chances are this was one bad client for him. Upwork finally gave freelancers a way to avoid listening to dumb clients threaten bad feedback in an effort to get something free or try to muscle their way into a refund. So they have a perk where they can remove bad feedback once every three months and 10 contracts.

The three months isn't the hard part. It's the 10 contracts that usually take more than 3 months. This guy won't be able to use it again for a while.

Andrew K Member Since: Dec 17, 2018
3 of 5

Could you please guide me. How to remove negative feedback? I mean where I can find this functionality in my Profile or Portfolio History?

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
4 of 5

Andrew K wrote:

Could you please guide me. How to remove negative feedback? I mean where I can find this functionality in my Profile or Portfolio History?

Which one do you want to remove?

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 5

Andrew K wrote:

There is no such functionality, you have to apply to Support, you can read all about it here

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS