🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to remove old skills from "all work" sect...
Page options
21d411e6
Community Member

How to remove old skills from "all work" section?

Hi there,

I recently did a career change and added a new career speciality. Unfortunately, I cannot get rid of the remnants of my old career description from my profile. Specifically, it shows up under the "All Work" tab on my profile, and there is no way to remove it.

Whats worse, is that it defaults to going to the "all work" section for visiting clients, and they aren't seeing the specialized new career page that I have spent a lot of time on. It also still shows my old career title in the browser tab title. I need to fix this ASAP so that I can get the correct info and not lose potential clientele. 

7 REPLIES 7
e825750a
Community Member

Hello, 

To edit your profile title Just click on the pencil icon on top of it.

check the screenshots bellow

Thanks,

Bruno

LuiggiR

Hi Sepehr,

Adding a Specialized Profile allows you to showcase other skills that you have, in addition to your main skills and experience, which is what's typically shown under "All Work". Note that the "All Work" section cannot be discarded but only edited. Also, when clients visit your profile, they'll be able to see both the "All Work" section and your specialized profile.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
21d411e6
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

I made a specialized profile to showcase my new skillset and career change. The problem now is that the section under "all work" is my old career i no longer want to be up there. If i change it to what I put in the specialized profile, it will just show up twice. It feels redundant to have my "all work" section be ux design and the specialized profile be ux design. it is confusing to potential clients..

jmanzano17
Community Member

I have the same problem. I deleted a specialized profile and made a new one as a career change and yet the deleted one is still appearing under all work and what's being shown to clients publicly. I am not gonna attract the right clients if this what's being shown publicly. This is really so frustrating.  

Hi Julius,

I checked but I could not replicate the issue you experience. Could you please share a screenshot from your end so that we can assist you accordingly? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
josephzuraf
Community Member

This is happening to me too! Deleted old specialized profile, but when viewing my profile, it shows the old job there. How can i remove this job completely, as I don't want to offer that work anymore. I'ts even showing the old price per hour I was offering at the time.

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I only see one specialized profile which is similar to your general profile. They also have the same hourly rate. Could you please confirm if you want to delete the specialized profile and just use your general profile?

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members