🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwooooork... remooooove this...
Page options
ivanburmistrov
Community Member

How to remove "graphic design" jobs from my job feed?

Dear colleagues,

I have too many "graphic design", "graphic designer", "website design", "website designer" and other unwanted (because I am not a graphic designer) jobs on my job feed. There are tons of them and this makes me scroll, scroll and scroll job feed page all day long. I also observed that particular jobs I see on my feed contain none of my skills and expertise tags.

Is there a way to stop this nightmare?

Best,

Ivan

10 REPLIES 10
PradeepH

Hello Ivan,

Your job feed will show you matching jobs to skills listed on your Upwork profile, and save the search so you can see full results any time with just a click. Remember to check your saved filters and saved searches to keep them up-to-date. You can also update the skills listed on Upwork profile to get more relevant jobs on your job feed.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

I see you simply copypasted a paragraph from this help page: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063078-Search-for-Jobs

No, Pradeep, no. I will not accept this as a "solution" to my problem. Start working, please. (If you can, of course.)

Best,

Ivan

Hello Ivan,

It looks like you have a lot of searches saved. However, the majority of them are search queries for a keyword or a key phrase that are not further configured with filters. I believe you can get better results if you add category filters to your saved searches. For example, if you have a search for "CRO" as a keyword, you can use filters on the left side to only see jobs with that keyword posted in the Sales & Marketing Category, like this. If you'd like to view and update a saved search to add filters, you can hover your mouse over that saved search in your feed and click the link icon that appears. 

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for interesting information! It seems I did not use category filters when setting saved searches. I followed your recommendations and now I use category filter when creating saved searches.

However, I think Upwork search mechanism is terribly broken. For example, when I update a saved search (by clicking link icon appearing on mouse hover), I see this job under "CRO" search keyword:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

However, after saving the updated search "CRO" I do not see this job on my job feed.

Any ideas?

Best,

Ivan

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for following up and sharing that.

Let me follow up with the team regarding that behavior in the Search and Job Feed. I or my team members will get back to you here once we have more information. 

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Upwork-Remove.png

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for sharing your suggestion. We frequently try out new features -- both big and small -- by conducting testing with a small group of users. This is the standard practice for most companies, and tests can sometimes last weeks or just a few days. In order to not impact or skew test results, we typically try not to share details about tests while they are ongoing. We do want and appreciate your feedback. We will be glad to pass your comments on as we work to determine which potential features our customers like and don’t like. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne Marie,

This is not a new feature, this is a very old and extremely annoying feature (I mean absolutely unnecessary "hints" appearing on mouse hover).

PS Please avoid posting irrelevant canned answers in the future -- this practice is counterproductive.

(Indeed, the buggiest software I’ve ever used.)

Upwork_Bug-01.png

It's a valiant effort, but you will become exhausted banging your head against the wall.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths