Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reply with "quote" at end of thread

Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
1 of 4

So here is something I have been genuinely trying to figure out.

How do you reply to a specific post (in order to get the "quote" option) and ensure that the reply is placed at the end of the thread. If I reply to a post that is at the end of the thread, I can insert the "quote" and everything works fine. However if the post is not the last in the thread and I want to "quote" that post I have to use the "reply" button below the post. This seems to always place the reply below that post, I would want the reply at the end of the thread.

I have seen it done here many times. But the only way I can get it done is by opening a second tab and then copying the "quote" manually. Hopefully I have explained adequately.

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Highlighted
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
BEST ANSWER
2 of 4

@Setu M wrote:

But the only way I can get it done is by opening a second tab and then copying the "quote" manually. 

That's how I do it. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 4

Hi Setu,

Thank you for your question I hope I'll be able to help. Where the post appears doesn't only depend on which post it was in response to but also how you set it up in your Settings. If you go to your Settings > Preferences, you'll have options to set up either Linear format or Topic layout. If you select Linear format, you can then choose if you want it displayed in Normal topic order, Oldest first or Newest first. 

For example, I have it set up to Linear format and sorted Newest first. This way any new post regardless of which post it was in response to will appear on the top of the thread.

I hope it helps.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
4 of 4
Thanks for the quick replies.

@ Krisztina
I was hoping there was something more sophisticated that I was missing Smiley Happy

@ Valeria
Thanks for the added information. The Topic Layout would be ideal if it showed the posts inline as well. So I will stick to the default view then.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS