vladcosac

How to report a support person?

How can i report a person that was delegated by upwork's support team to handle a very simple dispute between me and my client for lack of competence/interest in resolving the matter.

After more than a week since i've initiated the dispute, although I and my client explained very clearly the issue, this Aisha from the support team replied and asked for us to describe the matter .. again 🙂 - which we did.

After another week she requested the files of the project from me .. - which were attached to the dispute ..

And after almost 3 weeks now she replies with the question if i want to continue with the dispute :))) and that if i whish to do that there will be another 30 days for this.... - we are talking about 40 dollar the project budget.

I've issued a ticket at the support section so i can explain the matter and try to have this Aisha removed from handling the matter as it's clear that after 1 month she didn't even managed to read the mails that i've replied her. And they answered that i already have a ticket on the matter - THE EXACT DISPUTE  :))))

Is this the way UPWORK handles this issues?

Is this misscommunication done with intent so that "it becomes hard" for us freelancers to issue a dispute?

How can we file personal claims of lack of technical abilities/incompetence handling support issues of the Upwork's support personel?

Thank in advance for answering!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Well if Upwork did what they were supposed to there would be no problem. Upwork it sounds like you need to contract out to the freelancers to do your customer support. I run a business and I will NOT have an unsatisfied customer or person whom I do business with. That is one way to kill your business Preston & Upwork - think about it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r

Upwork can and will not decide a dispute. 

if you wish to continue with the dispute, and the $ 40 are in Escrow, it will go to arbitration, and cost you $ 290, your client $ 290 and Upwork $ 290.

Whether you consider this to be worth your while is up to you.

re: "How can we file personal claims of lack of technical abilities/incompetence handling support issues of the Upwork's support personel?"

Easy answer. You can't.

If you feel that Upwork customer support lacks certain technical abilities or competence in handling certain types of issues, you are CORRECT. There is no need to file a claim about this.

The correct action for you to take at this point is to EMBRACE THE TRUTH about what Customer Support is, and what it isn't. It is never going to be some of the things you want it to be, and this has nothing to do with any individual customer support person.

Upwork provides a set of very powerful tools.

It is profitable to understand how these tools ACTUALLY work.

It is best to understand that Customer Support is NOT an arbitter of disputes. It is not their policy to arbitrate disputes. It is not something they are trained to do.

Upwork DOES have an official dispute system...

...which you should endeavor to NEVER USE.

I have never used it. My goal is to never use it.

Think about your time. Think about your money. These are valuable commodities. You will save time and save money if you work things out with the clients and contractors you do business with on Upwork. Sometimes this might mean you encounter a loss, which you accept, as part of the price of doing business. A $40 loss is acceptable. Take the hit and move on. Don't spend time worrying about it. Don't spend $290 trying to recover $40.

Well if Upwork did what they were supposed to there would be no problem. Upwork it sounds like you need to contract out to the freelancers to do your customer support. I run a business and I will NOT have an unsatisfied customer or person whom I do business with. That is one way to kill your business Preston & Upwork - think about it.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vlad,

I brought the concerns you shared to the attention of the team and somebody will follow up with you soon via the open ticket to provide more information about the dispute process.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Upwork