🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to report a user and submit evidence?
Page options
39c749eb
Community Member

How to report a user and submit evidence?

Hello, dear UpWork team,

I want to clean up your platform. I've been approached by one freelancer who offered me to pay for her service outside of UpWork. She really pressured me into agreeing, citing that she was a single mother, and she couldn't afford to pay 20% fees to UpWork. Her service ended up being terrible, she lies all the time, she works for 100 stores at the same time charging your hours for other people's work, and she is just not something you want to have on this platform. I have evidence of everything, her breaking the guidelines, her not doing her job properly. She has a very good rating on UpWork, so she must have been doing it for quite a while. Please, contact me so that I can submit the evidence. I believe a lifetime ban would be acceptable in this case.

Best regards,

D. K.

11 REPLIES 11
a_lipsey
Community Member

Deni K wrote:

Hello, dear UpWork team,

I want to clean up your platform. I've been approached by one freelancer who offered me to pay for her service outside of UpWork. She really pressured me into agreeing, citing that she was a single mother, and she couldn't afford to pay 20% fees to UpWork. Her service ended up being terrible, she lies all the time, she works for 100 stores at the same time charging your hours for other people's work, and she is just not something you want to have on this platform. I have evidence of everything, her breaking the guidelines, her not doing her job properly. She has a very good rating on UpWork, so she must have been doing it for quite a while. Please, contact me so that I can submit the evidence. I believe a lifetime ban would be acceptable in this case.

Best regards,

D. K.

And so when she asked to work outside Upwork you decided you didn't have to follow TOS either? 

Amanda L.,

How do you know this client agreed to the freelancer's request to get paid outside Upwork?

Will L wrote:

Amanda L.,

How do you know this client agreed to the freelancer's request to get paid outside Upwork?

Because he says he did. 

It was my first time using upwork so I didn't care that much. You can go ahead and ban me as well, doesn't seem like there is a lot of high-quality work happening on here.

Deni K wrote:

It was my first time using upwork so I didn't care that much. You can go ahead and ban me as well, doesn't seem like there is a lot of high-quality work happening on here.

You haven't actually hired someone through Upwork so how would you really know? 

You didn't much care for the TOS, now you want some kind of action from Upwork because you took work off platform and there was no accountability? I'm sorry I don't have much sympathy, since you're the reason we've had so many TOS changes that negatively impact our businesses, like not being allowed to communicate off platform pre-contract and increasing fees. 

Alright then, since you don't have much sympathy. I am going to let her keep on doing this on your amazing platform. Thank you and have a nice day, Amanda.

Deni K wrote:

Alright then, since you don't have much sympathy. I am going to let her keep on doing this on your amazing platform. Thank you and have a nice day, Amanda.

Oh, I certainly will. 

Didn't feel like immediately reporting a single mother, I guess I fell for the lie.

a_lipsey
Community Member

Deni K wrote:

Hello, dear UpWork team,

I want to clean up your platform. I've been approached by one freelancer who offered me to pay for her service outside of UpWork. She really pressured me into agreeing, citing that she was a single mother, and she couldn't afford to pay 20% fees to UpWork. Her service ended up being terrible, she lies all the time, she works for 100 stores at the same time charging your hours for other people's work, and she is just not something you want to have on this platform. I have evidence of everything, her breaking the guidelines, her not doing her job properly. She has a very good rating on UpWork, so she must have been doing it for quite a while. Please, contact me so that I can submit the evidence, and you could give her a lifetime ban.

Regards,

D.K.

So, she gave you a sob story and you decided to break TOS instead of just reporting her then? Instead you decide to report her when she does crappy work? She's not the only one who deserves a lifetime ban. 

JoanneP

Hi Deni,

Could you please send me a PM by clicking on my name and kindly share more information so I can check? Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi Deni,

Could you please send me a PM by clicking on my name and kindly share more information so I can check? Thank you. 

Are you kidding?  Both the OP and the lying freelancer should be axed from the platform. Is the OP going to be allowed to continue having flagrantly ignored the rules? If he knows that circumvention worked the first time - why not the second?   What sort of example is this? 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members