🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to report against a buyer
Page options
1f5a2c79
Community Member

How to report against a buyer

Recently, I applied for a job name re-type documents for a proposal amount was 10$/hour. The client called me for an interview and at that time I find out that his payment was not verified. Funny thing is that he offered me 30$/hour. After that, I waited for his next message and yes, I am right. He asked for a refundable deposit and my email address to get this job. He even told me that he is a plus client. At that point, I asked him are you were somehow involved with **edited for Community Guidelines**? Because recently I received lots of scammer message who claims to be from **edited for Community Guidelines** and has a lot of work. They also ask for refundable deposits. I tried to contact support to complain about the client but it didn't work, whatever I asked support bot gave some basic answers, but it wasn't possible to chat. Apparently, the client already understood that I suspect him of being a scammer and has blocked me from the job. Even my message record from Inbox is unavailable.

How can I complain against him? Should I continue? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sheikh, 

I can confirm that actions have been taken against the job post and the client account, which is why you cannot retrieve the messages you exchanged with this client. The job has also been taken down, as you can see noted on this page.

In the future, you can report suspicious user activity by following the steps here.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Yes, this does sound like one of the scams that perpetually show up here. Never communicate outside of of UW until after a contract has been set up. And keep trying to report this client and keep an eye out for similar posts that riase your suspicion and flag them. I'm sure someone from UW will take noe of your experience and get back to you with a solution.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sheikh, 

I can confirm that actions have been taken against the job post and the client account, which is why you cannot retrieve the messages you exchanged with this client. The job has also been taken down, as you can see noted on this page.

In the future, you can report suspicious user activity by following the steps here.

~ Avery
Upwork
1f5a2c79
Community Member

Hi Avery, 

I appreciate your comment, Martina. Yeah, maybe you are right. Because I cannot even access the job description. His name is not available in the message inbox either. The same team member is available on Fiverr as well as Upwork. They focus on new users and say that they have enormous work and ask for WhatsApp pings to find out more. They will offer you a very good rate once you ping there, but they will require a security deposit. Usually, they will refer you by your name. 

^ Sahidul ^

shadin
Community Member

I also want to report against a buyer named **Edited for Community Guidelines**. He opened a job 

URGENT *****C# Dev******* URGENT of 10 USD and talked with in the Upwork message. I gave him the solution in the message believing him when he asked for it. Now he blocked me so that I can not conversate with him.

I want to address this to the community of Upwork so that others can be saved from this kind of situation and not get 10 USD.

The job link is in the below
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

That client has purchased 122 projects on Upwork and has a rating of 4.97 out of 5. So clearly, he's not a scammer. Maybe he just didn't like your solution? Next time, don't do any work unless you've actually been hired first.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members