🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How to report client?
Page options
miamaclaire
Community Member

How to report client?

Hello, I want to know how to report client here? She asked me to purchase PVA's for her ads posting and the agreement she will hire me for more than 6 months unfortunately she ended the contract after a week gave me poor review which is not fair enough for me. Upwork only charged her $14 and I purchased her tools for $17.50. Attached is the client record. So be ware guys!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

Marelyn:

It is okay to report a client.

But keep in mind that "reporting a client" is mostly irrelevent to your success and financial earnings.

You arleady know that the right thing to do would to have not paid for this client's expenses in the first place. Or to have collected her payment beforehand.

Also, when a client tells you that they will "hire you for 6 more months"...

...This means nothing.

A client will hire me now and pay me now. That is all.

You now are wise. And you will never again pay for a client's expenses because a client promised to hire you for a long period of time or buy you a sandwich or whatnot.

Hey Preston, 

A client wanted to work outside of Upwork. Through Paypal. 
I've said no and taken a screenshot. How can I report him?

Abdul Ahad

petra_r
Community Member

Abdul A wrote:

A client wanted to work outside of Upwork. Through Paypal. 
I've said no and taken a screenshot. How can I report him?

Upload the screenshot (if it's not in Upwork messages) and then flag the job post as inappropriate, explaining what happened and including the link to the screenshot.

If it's in Upwork messages, you can report it directly via the message by clicking on the cog on the right and picking "Report message"

report message.png

ahad_web
Community Member

Thanks, Petra, 

Reported the client.

Abdul Ahad

bbb30c9e
Community Member

Hi,

I have already reported a client who asked me to work outside upwork. He did it with all his hires as you can see on feedbacks. When will I get a response from Upwork about their decision?

Thanks!

re: "I have already reported a client who asked me to work outside upwork. He did it with all his hires as you can see on feedbacks. When will I get a response from Upwork about their decision?"

As a fellow user, I very much appreciate your efforts to make the Upwork platform a safe, honest place to work.

But you should understand that your job in this matter is done.

For privacy and policy reasons, Upwork typically does NOT provide a response to people who report. It is likely that you will never know what happened.

But based on experience, I can tell you that Upwork DOES seriously act on such reports and really does try to weed out the bad apples that get reported.

Hi Anthony,

Please note that because of security and privacy concerns, we will not be able to share the results or findings of our investigations with you. We take all reports seriously, and we will take action as provided for in our Terms of Service.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members