🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to request second payment into fixed pric...
Page options
alluad-elmer
Community Member

How to request second payment into fixed price.

I need help, I just want to know how to  get the remaining 150,  since the client no longer response, the request payment button is gone, since I requested the first payment on September 1st it's automatically went to pending tab. So I can no longer request payment of another 150.

Thank you & advance.

GodBless ..

12 REPLIES 12
petra_r
Community Member

Elmer A wrote:

I need help, I just want to know how to  get the remaining 150,  since the client no longer response, the request payment button is gone, since I requested the first payment on September 1st it's automatically went to pending tab. So I can no longer request payment of

So there were a) 2 milestones, an active one funded with 150 and an inactive one, also funded with $ 150?

Or was there b) one milestone funded with $ 300 but you requested only $ 150?

You can't get the remaining 150 easily in either case because the milestone was not activated and you really should not have worked on it. If you have completed the work for both milestones, and the client stays gone, all you can do now is wait until the contract times out at 90 days and then dispute the return of the escrow funds.

Hello Petra R

The contract is 300 she funded 300, Only one milestone then i request 150 for the half of my work, so my client was not avial to response, for now im done the project so the remaining 150 how to get that since she funded 300 in they haveremaining 150. How to request again another 150, since the request button was not their.

Elmer A wrote:

Hello Petra R

The contract is 300 she funded 300, Only one milestone then i request 150 for the half of my work, so my client was not avial to response, for now im done the project so the remaining 150 how to get that since she funded 300 in they haveremaining 150. How to request again another 150, since the request button was not their.

That was a really bad idea. Why did you request only half a milestone?

You now have to either convince the client to re-appear and set up and fund the second milestone (with the money floating about in Escrow) or wait until 3 months are over and Upwork closes the contract for being dormant. You will get a request to return the Escrow funds to the client which you can dispute.

I request half of milestone because my client there are so many changes. But my client sundenly disappear i don't know when she comeback or did not comeback anymore. So what im gonna do now end the contract? how to go to dispute?  So there are no chance to get the remaining 150 to my client.  I think it kind a long to wait a 3 months, there's a better way to get the result.

The better way would be if your client starts speaking to you again to activate a second milestone, but if they have gone quiet then not much can be done i guess!

How long has it been since your client last spoke to you?

Since September 1,  So i try to contact my client over in over again. 

Elmer A wrote:

there's a better way to get the result.

OK, good luck then.

Elmer A wrote:

So what im gonna do now end the contract?

Under no circumstances do that, it will immediately send the money back to the client.

Ah okay i will not end the contract if that so, I'll try to contact my client over in over again, or mybe should i wait for 3 months. 

Elmer A wrote:

I request half of milestone because my client there are so many changes. But my client sundenly disappear i don't know when she comeback or did not comeback anymore. So what im gonna do now end the contract? how to go to dispute?  So there are no chance to get the remaining 150 to my client.  I think it kind a long to wait a 3 months, there's a better way to get the result.

There was a better way, it was asking the client to create a 2nd milestone for the final amount or just requesting the full $300 when the work was done. Those ways are no longer available. 

There was a better way, it was asking the client to create a 2nd milestone for the final amount or just requesting the full $300 when the work was done. Those ways are no longer available. 

What if may cleint was not avail to response for how many weeks, how many months. And also i just wanna know what happened to the contract if my client was not avail to response for how many months.

Elmer A wrote:

What if may cleint was not avail to response for how many weeks, how many months. And also i just wanna know what happened to the contract if my client was not avail to response for how many months.

There are no 'what if's'. Not yet.

Heed the advices you recieve.
Ones a clients share in their feedback and ones you've received from freelancers via this community.

Between those, there is lot to learn from.

There are no 'what if's'. Not yet.

Heed the advices you recieve.
Ones a clients share in their feedback and ones you've received from freelancers via this community.

Between those, there is lot to learn from.

Thank you so much

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths