🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to reset Response time - contact customer...
Page options
5418b037
Community Member

How to reset Response time - contact customer service

Hi! I created an account a few months ago, but have only started to look for freelance contrat this week. I have been spending lots of time googling how to have a good profile and how Upwork works, etc., but I notice that my response time is very bad (3+ days response time). I have been receiving tons of spammy invites because of my location, and didn't know that I had to refuse them as soon as possible in order to have a good response rate (I didn't know you had to respond at all if you were not interested or that there was such a thing as a response time...). 

I can't find a way to open a ticket with Upwork in order to have this response time reseted. I used to work for Airbnb's customer service and we would do these gestures all the time to new and cluesless users like me! How can I contact them? Thanks! 

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Nadia,

We know that life gets busy, and you might be working on current projects while also looking for future work. Here are some ways that might help you improve your response time:

• Check Upwork Messages as part of your regular routine. Consider setting a reminder on your personal calendar to make it part of your schedule.
  • Adjust your profile notification settings. Here’s how:
    1. From your profile, select Profile Settings > Notification Settings
    2. For Messages, select Important activity only for your desktop, mobile, and email messages, and select the frequency you want for emails
    3. For Other Upwork Email Updates, check the boxes under Freelancer and Agency Proposals to get notifications about your proposals and invitations
  • Turn on notifications for your mobile or desktop devices. Learn more about managing your notifications.
  • Update your availability — if you’re taking a break or too busy for more work, mark your profile as Not available for new work. Here’s how:
    1. From your profile or Find Work page, select the ✎ Edit icon next to Hours per week
    2. Choose None and enter the date you expect to be available for work again
    3. Choose Save

Our customer support team is creating a personalized experience to better assist all Upwork platform users via the chatbot. The more you interact with the chatbot, the more custom responses you’ll receive.

Here’s how you can reach a human in customer support:

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of this or any Help center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided
~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members