cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restore an account closed by mistake?

Iaroslav L Member Since: Feb 17, 2017
1 of 9

Hello Upwork community!

I recently lost access to all my Upwork accounts (freelancer, client, team freelancer) after an attempt to close just a client account. How can I restore it?

Best regards,

Yaroslav

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 9

Contact Support and they'll fix it and close only the client account for you. You will have to then close the duplicate you are posting from Smiley Happy

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
3 of 9

Hi Yaroslav,

Please contact Customer Support with your previous account information and our team will assist you with this. I'll reiterate that you'll need to close the duplicate account once your original account is resumed.

Hadir T Member Since: Feb 10, 2017
4 of 9

i have closed my account by mistake

and i want to restore it now

this is my wife account 

i want to get back mune

how?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 9

Hi there,

Please submit a support request and share your account information, so our team could assist you with accessing your account. Also, please ask your wife to respond to the last notification our team sent her and make sure not to log into her account further, since that is a serious ToS violation.

Arriane B Member Since: Sep 11, 2019
6 of 9

Hi, how can I restore my deleted account? My email was **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I created this new one because I can not contact upwork without a profile. Will delete this of old account is restored. Thank you!

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
7 of 9

Hi Arriane,

Your account is reopened and our team will close your new account shortly as well. Thank you.

Untitled
Robert G Member Since: Apr 23, 2019
8 of 9

I accidentally closed my client account when trying to close freelancer account I accidentally created on my profile. Please help me to restore. I can send any and all info needed via email. Thank you in advance.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
9 of 9

Hi Robert, 

I have reinstated the account that you accidentally closed by mistake. You should be able to access it now, though it doesn't look like there is a client context in that account. You should be able to create a client account by following the steps noted here

As a gentle reminder, please close this new account where you are posting from to comply with the Upwork Terms of Service as users are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork.

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS