🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to see history of escrow on a job
Page options
jackiepeeler
Community Member

How to see history of escrow on a job

In August and early September I was working on a job I have received several thousand dollars for. I am sure the milestone was funded at that time, but now there is no money in escrow on the milestone.

I didn't get an email notification of this, but I remember seeing something about the client requesting a refund of the money in escrow, but up to my eyeballs at the time so didn't hunt it down. Startling, but they have gone dark periodically for months at a time. Now I need to know what happened. I just see that the milestone is not funded now, but the contract is open.

Where I left it with the client is they were looking for a better MO of transferring final files than what was planned. They never got back to me on how they wanted me to do that.

So now I'm wondering how I can see when they requested the return of funds? Is this a getting in touch with customer service matter or would it show to me somewhere? There is a lot at stake on both my end and the client's.

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Jacqueline P wrote:

In August and early September I was working on a job I have received several thousand dollars for. I am sure the milestone was funded at that time, but now there is no money in escrow on the milestone.

Money can never stay in Escrow for more than 90 days (I am sure you had other situations like that?) So any funds funded more than 90 days ago will have gone back if no action was taken by you or the client.

Jacqueline P wrote:

So now I'm wondering how I can see when they requested the return of funds? Is this a getting in touch with customer service matter or would it show to me somewhere? There is a lot at stake on both my end and the client's.

You can go to My Jobs > All contracts > Click on the contract > Terms and Settings > then click on View History of Contract Changes at the bottom.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members