Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to see if client has other jobs open

Highlighted
Nicole K Member Since: Feb 20, 2016
1 of 8

Hello!

I was wondering if there is a way to see if a client has other jobs open.

In the past, I have looked up the original job posting which allowed me to click through to the client's work history and open jobs. However the original job posting is no longer listed on this particular job.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
2 of 8

Hello Nicole,

The client must have closed the job post that's why you are no longer able to see that job post. The client may have hired somebody else already or he/she just closed the job post for good.

Untitled
Highlighted
3 of 8

Hi Ryan,

Yes, my job is closed. I'm asking how to see if the client has other job open. I'm not sure how to access that info.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 8

Click the proposal link in the message center and you will go to the invite. Then you can go to the main job post. Then you can see who was hired. I don't think it shows right away though. 

Upwork usually doesn't kill the job link unless it's a scam. Even if they kill the job, it's sometimes available but it sounds like in this case Upwork killed the job.

Highlighted
5 of 8

Hi Jennifer,

The original job posting is no longer there. 

I want to be able to see if the client had other job open. Is there a way to do that? Is it possible to do a search for a client and look at their profile?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
6 of 8

oh I see what you're saying. I don't think so. If they post their jobs publicly then I suppose you could search them on Google but it's probably not very reliable. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
7 of 8

[1bdc3f90fa0abea4cf8f3887731bd4d1]_Image%202017-08-14%20at%2012.09.00%20AM.png

Highlighted
Muhammad A Member Since: Jun 20, 2018
8 of 8

If client hired you and you competed job successfully.  Now you want to see job posting history of your client. obviously, it will also include current jobs open. Follow below steps.

Go to chat

click on "view contract"

Then go to " terms and settings"

Then click on  " view original job posting" on right side bottom.

Here you will find the client's job posting history at the bottom.

You can also check job offered by the client in filters in the job search.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS