Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send manual invoice to the client

Abhishek P Member Since: Sep 3, 2015
1 of 20

Hi..

I need some help.

1) Is there any way to stop automatic submission of invoice to the client weekly?

2) If client allows us, how can we send manual timesheet to them?

Thanks in advance! Smiley Happy

Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 20

You get the option of adding time on your 'timesheet', if your client approves.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 20

re: "Is there any way to stop automatic submission of invoice to the client weekly?"

No.

Why would you even want to do that?

Community Leader
Ivan S Member Since: Oct 24, 2015
4 of 20

@Preston H wrote:

re: "Is there any way to stop automatic submission of invoice to the client weekly?"

No.

Why would you even want to do that?

Well, I do not know the specifics of this case, but I would really love this feature - a lot of my work include undefined number of hours which I would like to bill for once I complete my work. I cannot really use milestones, as I do not know how much I would bill at the end, but I do not want to bill before the job is done.  This is how billing in financial professional services often work. Of course this implies that I forego any type of payment garantee mechanics that is on Upwork, but this is my risk I am comfortable with.

Joseph O Member Since: Nov 10, 2015
5 of 20

Hi. I would like to know how to add time in the timesheet as a freelancer? Before I got hired in upwork, I already did provided a service to them, client. And they want that unpaid work to fall into upwork. How do we do this? greatly appreciate your response. Smiley Happy

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 20

Hi Joseph,

If you are hired on an hourly contract you can ask your client to allow Manual Time on that contract so you can enter the hours you have already worked. Alternatively, your client can pay you a bonus.

I hope it helps.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Joseph O Member Since: Nov 10, 2015
7 of 20

Hi Valeria,

Thank you so much for responding quickly.

I will take heed of your advice and ask my client if they agree on this.

Thank you,
Joe

Jawad A Member Since: Apr 18, 2019
8 of 20

Hey, My client sent me this,

that's not what i'm asking for, this probably isn't the right project for us to work on together.

i'd like to pay you $10 for trying though; i dont know how. can you send me an invoice or something?

How can I send him invoice. The job is not yet started. so its a message exchange.

Thanks

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
9 of 20

Hi Jawad, 

Your client will need to hire you, and setup a fixed-price, or hourly contract, and then pay you from there. Your client can pay you through any of the contract setups, or through bonus, whichever is more convenient for you.

-Avery
Untitled
Suvenjit D Member Since: Jan 14, 2016
10 of 20

Hi 

How to send invoice to the client on Upwork ?

Please let me know 

Thanks 

Suvenjit

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS