🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to set a bank account with different name...
Page options
viktorchernev
Community Member

How to set a bank account with different name?

This is so infuriating, I want to speak with a support person to ask a simple question, but am not able to do so. Also, thied on facebook, but no answer so far... Anyway, here is the thing -

I have been a freelancer a couple of years ago, made good money on upwork.
I want to be a freelancer on upwork again, but the problem I'm facing is with the "Bank Account or Payment Method Under Different Name" issue. I can't use my own bank account because I owe some money to a credit institution and my funds get taken away instantly, and I don't have the money to open an offshore bank account. So I temporary use an account of my close relative. I am not a scammer or some shady person, I just can't work without getting paid for the foreseeable future.

So, what options are there in your oppinion?

Can I use the brand name under whitch I release android apps as my account name for example?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Viktor,

I would like to clarify that you can add a payment method under a different name as long as you are one of the owners or authorized users of the account. 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
AndreaG

Hi Viktor,

To set up payment to your bank or payment account, you must be listed as an account holder or authorized signer on that account, or demonstrate that you are authorized by the business to do so. The listed name on the account must match your verified name on Upwork. 

~Andrea
Upwork

So, what you are saying is, I CAN use another person's bank account as my payment option, as long as I'm an authorized signer on that bank account. Are you 100% sure about that? Because that will solve my issue...

Thanks for the info..

Hi Viktor,

Thank you for following up. Yes, it is possible to use a payment method under a different name. You can find more information in this help articleIf any issue arises, the team will reach out to you.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Of course I've red that article before reaching out, but I am not using a common name, nor am I transgender or using a company bank account.

I want to use another person's personal bank account, a bank account on which I am an authorized signer.

P.S. Please, do not refer me to another article that does not answer my question.

Hi Viktor,

I would like to clarify that you can add a payment method under a different name as long as you are one of the owners or authorized users of the account. 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
e9389f38
Community Member

Hi, How I can verify that I am owner or authorized users of another account that under a different name  

Hi Nguyen,

I understand that your payment method name was mismatched. After checking with the relevant team on our end, you should no longer see this error. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
tlbp
Community Member

n/m

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths