Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set my community profile public

sailas1
Saila S Member Since: May 19, 2017
1 of 5

Hello,

How to make my community profile public to everyone? I don't mean my actual Upwork profile but the profile on this discussion forum. I've tried the settings but can't find the right feature. I want people to access to my Upwork profile from this discussion forum but it's shown all the time as private.

Thanks in advance,

Saila

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 5

Hi Saila,

You need to change your profile's visibility settings in order for other users to be able to access it through your Community page.

Untitled
colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
3 of 5

The forums are not private and can be read by the public and are visible on Google. If you want more visibility, you need to set your profile to public. Go to your settings page, then "profile settings" on the left of the page and then, under "visibility", set your profile to public, or to logged-in Upwork users only.

sailas1
Saila S Member Since: May 19, 2017
4 of 5

Hi and thanks for the replies Vladimir and Nichola,

Maybe I didn't explain myself clearly enough.

I don't want more visibility to my Freelancer profile I just want people on this community discussion forum to be able to access it whenever I have problem so others can help me efficiently. Right now they can't because no one can see access to my Freelancer profile though this forum.

And yes I do have my Freelancer profile set as visible to logged-in Upwork users. 

My problem is specifically about my profile in this communtiy forum. It shows up as private. The question HOW do make it public? If I go to Settings it doesn't seem to have an option to set it public.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 5

Hi Saila,

The only way other users can access your profile from your Community page is if you set your Upwork profile to public.

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS