🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How to show that we are a team, a duo?
Page options
096f8e91
Community Member

How to show that we are a team, a duo?

Hi

I am not an agency. I am simply the business partner of a developer. We are a duo. We are a team that has two members.

And the reason that we are two people is that one can concentrate on getting the job done, and the other can work on other non-development tasks.

How can I reflect this in my profile, so that clients would now that?

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Minoo S wrote:

I am not an agency. I am simply the business partner of a developer. We are a duo. We are a team that has two members.

Then you need to have two accounts. You categorically can't work on one account.

Minoo S wrote:

By means of an agency.

JoanneP

Hi Minoo,

Petra is correct. You can create an agency and add your business partner as a member. You can learn more about agencies here

~ Joanne
Upwork
kinector
Community Member

Minoo, technically those previous answers are absolutely correct. Freelancers are solo guys, more than one-person companies are real companies (several legal types in most countries).

The relevant question here is who are you targeting as clients and what makes them tick.

Look at my profile for instance. I do CTO-as-a-Service which means I build complete products. If I need others, which I often do for example to make 3D models and character animation, I just go and hire them from the network I have built.

I'd say being a strong solo guy is far better than being an average agency or "duo". Just think about why people would click your profile and what they see about your expertise. A brilliant solopreneur or yet another small agency?

If you don't possess all that your clients require, expand by collaborating with others. If so, then why be stuck with just one partner?

In that sense, I'm thinking your duo model is quite limited and probably works against you in marketing.

Does this help you in thinking this further?
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Minoo S wrote:

Hi

And the reason that we are two people is that one can concentrate on getting the job done, and the other can work on other non-development tasks.

Thank you

Don't even suggest on a public forum that you are using another person's account, or let somebody else log into yours. Upwork really don't find that kind of thing funny. 

No I am not using another account and nobody is using my account. I use my own account.

petra_r
Community Member

Minoo S wrote:

No I am not using another account and nobody is using my account. I use my own account.

Fine. You can't offer the work of 2 people from one account. It is forbidden.

Thats all there is to it. You can only offer your own services.

Petra R wrote:

Minoo S wrote:

Fine. You can't offer the work of 2 people from one account. It is forbidden.

Why do I see so many profiles in which people refer to "my team" or "my company"? Or even if it's not directly mentioned, you can look at somebody's work history and see that they're doing too many projects for one person to handle. And I've also seen Upwork moderators say that it's okay to outsource work - so couldn't the OP say that she obtains the work and then passes it off to her partner? I'm not trying to be difficult, I'm genuinely confused by what the exact rule is.

Christine A wrote:

so couldn't the OP say that she obtains the work and then passes it off to her partner? I'm not trying to be difficult, I'm genuinely confused by what the exact rule is.

Why doesn't "the partner" get his own profile?

Christine A wrote:

Why do I see so many profiles in which people refer to "my team" or "my company"? .

It changes rapidly when someone flags it.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths