🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How to stop auto-withdrawal of balances t...
Page options
xpertcoders06
Community Member

How to stop auto-withdrawal of balances to Bank Account if earnings are <$1,000 ?

Hello all..

This seems to be a regular problem that I am facing.

UPwork auto-withdraws my earnings to my bank accounts on certain dates. However, I don't want this to happen. I would like to add my balances and retain them on UPwork to withdraw only when I require.

I have enabled the feature in settings that balances lesser than $1,000 should not be auto-withdrawn, but, it is still happening.

Not sure if I need to change any other settings as well.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance !

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi NITIN,

Tiffany is correct, since Upwork is not a bank or payment transfer agency, we cannot maintain balances for more than 180 days, per our Terms of Service. Balances that are older than 180 days will be automatically sent to the freelancer even if they are smaller than what's selected in the Payment Schedule.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tlsanders
Community Member

There's a limit on how long Upwork can hold funds, since it's not a bank. I think it's 180 days, but I'm not sure. There's nothing you can do to force them to hold money longer than that. The most control you have is to set the highest withdrawal limit and set automatic disbursements to quarterly, but when the timeline hits whatever that cutoff is, they're going to spit out your money if you haven't withdrawn it.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi NITIN,

Tiffany is correct, since Upwork is not a bank or payment transfer agency, we cannot maintain balances for more than 180 days, per our Terms of Service. Balances that are older than 180 days will be automatically sent to the freelancer even if they are smaller than what's selected in the Payment Schedule.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths