🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to stop/revert payment
Page options
smqsoriano
Community Member

How to stop/revert payment

A scheduled payment was made to a bank account that I no longer use. Is there a way to revert/stop payment?
7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Sharon S wrote:
A scheduled payment was made to a bank account that I no longer use. Is there a way to revert/stop payment?

Not possible. If the money can not be delivered to the account, it will come back in a week to 10 days or so.

Hi, does the salary will appear under the "get paid" option with in 10 days?

Hi Mariliza,

When you're working on hourly contracts your clients are billed every Monday for the hours worked in the previous week. To view in what stage your funds are, go to Reports > Overview. 
To learn more about how you're getting paid on hourly contracts, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
astepanov83
Community Member

I wish there were a special policy for those who withdraw money regularly. I planned to make a withdrawal on Wednesday, but this morning "something went wrong". So in order not to build new plans, I'm still going to withdraw this week again, but in the end I will lose almost $50.

Aleksandr S wrote:

I planned to make a withdrawal on Wednesday, but this morning "something went wrong". So in order not to build new plans, I'm still going to withdraw this week again, but in the end I will lose almost $50.

What do you mean?

I withdraw money at least once a month. The reason Upwork does automatic withdrawals is that they are not a bank. But I don't keep money here for a long time. So it would be better if we additionally had something like "automatically withdraw money if I had not done this for the last n months" rule. I find the current "withdraw at the end of every quarter" rule annoying.

I don't know if I my last message was clear. On Monday we had an automatic withdrawal if the balance was above some value (my balance was above). Again I completely forgot about it. I thought I would make a withdrawal on Wednesday this week. I'm still going to make it. So this will be the second withdrawal. Each costs around $50: $30 upwork commission  + $20 intermediary bank comission.

The existing payment schedule options are not suitable for me. So I'd like to have another one: withdraw after, say, 2 months of the previous withdrawal.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths