cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop/revert payment

smqsoriano
Sharon S Member Since: Mar 25, 2019
1 of 6
A scheduled payment was made to a bank account that I no longer use. Is there a way to revert/stop payment?
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 6

Sharon S wrote:
A scheduled payment was made to a bank account that I no longer use. Is there a way to revert/stop payment?

Not possible. If the money can not be delivered to the account, it will come back in a week to 10 days or so.

astepanov83
Community Guru
Aleksandr S Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
3 of 6

I wish there were a special policy for those who withdraw money regularly. I planned to make a withdrawal on Wednesday, but this morning "something went wrong". So in order not to build new plans, I'm still going to withdraw this week again, but in the end I will lose almost $50.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 6

Aleksandr S wrote:

I planned to make a withdrawal on Wednesday, but this morning "something went wrong". So in order not to build new plans, I'm still going to withdraw this week again, but in the end I will lose almost $50.

What do you mean?

astepanov83
Community Guru
5 of 6
I withdraw money at least once a month. The reason Upwork does automatic withdrawals is that they are not a bank. But I don't keep money here for a long time. So it would be better if we additionally had something like "automatically withdraw money if I had not done this for the last n months" rule. I find the current "withdraw at the end of every quarter" rule annoying.
astepanov83
Community Guru
6 of 6

I don't know if I my last message was clear. On Monday we had an automatic withdrawal if the balance was above some value (my balance was above). Again I completely forgot about it. I thought I would make a withdrawal on Wednesday this week. I'm still going to make it. So this will be the second withdrawal. Each costs around $50: $30 upwork commission  + $20 intermediary bank comission.

The existing payment schedule options are not suitable for me. So I'd like to have another one: withdraw after, say, 2 months of the previous withdrawal.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS