🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to submit a dispute for an active contrac...
Page options
amin_1979
Community Member

How to submit a dispute for an active contract

Hello.

I have made a fixed-price contract with a client and the milestone due is September 2nd; however, I completed the job on August 28th. 

I requested the payment but I did not receive any responses from the client. I sent her a few other messages through both the Upwork message system and email, But I did not receive any responses from her.

Can I submit a dispute in this case?

Thank you for your response in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Amin A wrote:

I requested the payment but I did not receive any responses from the client. I sent her a few other messages through both the Upwork message system and email, But I did not receive any responses from her.

Since yesterday? A mere day after submitting? "A few messages?" Both on the platform and email? It is Saturday! Stop harassing the client, who has 14  days (NOT a few hours) to review the work.

There is nothing to "dispute!" Leave the client alone, your behaviour is both unprofessional and unreasonable.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
sjbercot
Community Member

You don't need to do anything. The client doesn't have to respond. Did you submit the work via the Submit Work button in the contract? If so, you'll be paid automatically in 14 days.

Thank you for your response.
petra_r
Community Member

Amin A wrote:

Since yesterday? A mere day after submitting? "A few messages?" Both on the platform and email? It is Saturday! Stop harassing the client, who has 14  days (NOT a few hours) to review the work.

There is nothing to "dispute!" Leave the client alone, your behaviour is both unprofessional and unreasonable.

Yes, you are right. But, the work was very straighforward. It was removing suspension from Google ad account which does not need to review. It's very obvious

Anyway, thank you for your response.

14 days is 14 days. That is the rule. Be patient. You may get the money on Monday. Lots of people don't work on their Upwork stuff on weekends.

Ok. What a such angry community member.
tlbp
Community Member

Amin A wrote:
Yes, you are right. But, the work was very straighforward. It was removing suspension from Google ad account which does not need to review. It's very obvious

Anyway, thank you for your response.

The way the payment system works is very straightforward. Clients who have funded escrow do not need to interrupt their day to make a payment. They can simply allow the payment to process, as scheduled, in 14 days after the work is submitted. 

By not understanding the payment system and making multiple payment requests, you are at risk of offending your client. Said client may then express that offense in the form of their review of your work. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members