cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to submit for payment - manual hours

Michelle N Member Since: Apr 21, 2016
1 of 6

Hello,

I have a contract with the time tracker attached, but the contract says manual hours are allowed. I have finished the work, tracking the time on my own, but I see no place to submit for payment. Help?

Thank you!

Michelle

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 6

Did you specifically agree with the client that you would not be tracking your time? If yes, go to your work diary (My Jobs, Work Diary, select the contract from the drop down menu)  and click on "Add Manual Time"

Be aware that manual time is not guaranteed, if the client disputes you will not be paid.

add manual time.jpg

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 6

Michelle,

You are new here and so anything you're not aware of on this subject is forgivable.

But I hope you'll take some time to learn about how many advantages and protections you'll have by using the time-tracker instead of logging time manually.

As Petra alluded to, you really should avoid logging time manually unless you this is something you have discussed with your client. If there's a valid reason for it (e.g., you are photographing bridges or painting a book color or baking cupcakes to be photographed for a client's website), then that's totally fine.

But if there's no compelling reason why you are logging time manually, then you should avoid doing so, for your own sake, and also because it is a sign of your respect for your client when you log time using the time-tracker.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 6

Hi Michelle,

I've checked and see you managed to add manual time in Work Diary. As others have suggested, please consider installing and using the Team App going forward to record your work on Hourly jobs. It will allow you to accurately log hours which are in turn covered by Upwork's Hourly Payment Protection program, which is not the case with manual hours.

Please check this video and this Help article, and learn how to use the Upwork Team App. You can also find more information about working and getting paid on Hourly jobs here and here.

James S Member Since: Apr 10, 2019
5 of 6

It's kind of bummer that nobody actually answered the original question. The questioner was wondering if there is any step she needs to take to get payment from her client (since she logged hours manually). I'm kind of wondering the same thing. Will it just happen automatically?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 6

re: "Will it just happen automatically?"

Yes.

The only thing she needs to do is add manual time using the button Petra pointed out. That was a complete answer to the question.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS